How to make an item event which doesn't repeat itself?

TheLoudCat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For example, I open a chest and I get an item from it, but I don't want it to repeat when I interact with it again. How do I do that?

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I recommend that you learn about switches and self switched. The tutorial in my signature (made by Andar) contains all the necessary information about this. On top of it, if you want to learn by doing, you can let the engine generate a chest event on its own by selecting a chest event and take a look at the commands used to make that.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For that specific example, you can right-click on an empty tile on the map and choose Quick Event > Chest. That will set it up for you with the animations, direction fix, message, giving the item, then switching to a new page so it doesn't keep repeating. Create one and try to understand how it works, then you'll be able to set up other types of events (not chests) that do similar things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keochauau