How to make animated walls?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by drummer.cl, Jun 4, 2016.

1. drummer.cl

drummer.cl Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi, I'm relatively new to RPG Maker (only 150 hours by now) and I want to make a switch that opens a wall, so I want to show an animation of this wall hiding on the floor, and showing some dust. This will be the base idea for other animations that I would like to use for puzzles like animating a rock moving from one side to another, or spilling some water turning off lava, etc.

But I don't know if this is accomplished by using events or scripting, maybe I need the tilesets with it's transitions (like the doors), any advise will be very helpful.

So thank you very much in advance.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support - this has nothing to do with design of game mechanics. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

There are already animated rocks that you can roll from side to side, and there are already animated doors that slide up or down rather than opening into a room like regular doors.  They are in the folder with the character sheets, which you use for events.  Take a look at how they are made, and follow their example when you create your own.