RMMV How to make battles "attack" command work with Yanfly Instant cast & Skill Cooldowns

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya!

im trying to get it so that all my characters basic attack functions in battle are instant cast and depending on what weapon they have equipped it will put the attack function on a cooldown for however many turns.

when i try it i am able to make the actors "attack" instant cast but after they perform it, it says I can still use attack despite putting a CD on it and when i select it the game crashes.

on the Great Axe weapon I have the following.

<Instant Skill: 1>
<Skill 1 Cooldown: 3>

i thought it would of greyed out the "attack" command or put a CD icon over the word but it still allows me to select it.

im currently working with Yanfly's instant cast and skill cooldown plugins.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya!

im trying to get it so that all my characters basic attack functions in battle are instant cast and depending on what weapon they have equipped it will put the attack function on a cooldown for however many turns.

when i try it i am able to make the actors "attack" instant cast but after they perform it, it says I can still use attack despite putting a CD on it and when i select it the game crashes.

on the Great Axe weapon I have the following.

<Instant Skill: 1>
<Skill 1 Cooldown: 3>

i thought it would of greyed out the "attack" command or put a CD icon over the word but it still allows me to select it.

im currently working with Yanfly's instant cast and skill cooldown plugins.
The plugin doesn't work like that with weapons: they can lower or extend a skill's existing cooldown, but they can't add a cooldown themselves.

What you want to do instead is give the Attack skill a "default" cooldown that'll align with your standard weapon speed, then have non-standard-speed weaponry add to or subtract from the cooldown by however many turns you wish. So for example if your standard cooldown was 2 turns, and the Great Axe is meant to be slower, you'd do <Skill 1 Cooldown: +1> to make it 3.

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trihan

oh okay that's good to know!

do you know how i can implement this while still having the attack function in the battle menu as an instant cast.. i want people to be able to use the attack when its ready but also use a skill in the same turn.

i tried adding this to the attack skill and slower weapon respectively and it didn't work. the attack is still an instant cast but doesn't put it it on cooldown or stop me from using attack again:

1615247081187.png attack skill - even if i put the cooldown to 1 it doesn't do anything.

1615247184526.png great axe (1 swing per 3 turns)

thanks

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's <Cooldown: x> for the skill itself. Also, if you don't want Attack to have a default cooldown at all, you don't need a notetag on it and just <Skill 1 Cooldown: +x> will work on the weapon.

You should make sure that you've also removed "1" from the "Cooldown Bypass" parameter in the plugin parameters, as by default Attack is prevented from going on cooldown at all regardless of notetags.

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trihan

the cooldown bypass!! your so smart Trihan!

that made it so the attack will go grey and on cooldown until the weapon attack cooldown is over. w00t WooT

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

A sketch of a character for an upcoming chapter. I am pre-preparing the heck out of this one and future chapters, don't want to spend time figuring the story out again. :blush:
Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manyattempts