royva

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, i have a little problem here.

I use yanfly core engine plugin to resize my game resolution to 960x540. The resolution is changed but, when i playtest the game, the menu title image still at the previous size before i change the resolution and also the tileset is still the same, and i have black borders too. i'm not playtest it on full screen mode. Do you guys know how to fix this? cause i want to export this to Android. Thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) use any image program to scale the pictures to your screen size. GIMP and Photoshop are the most common.
2) for a 960x540 game, minimum map size is 20x12 tiles. If you have any maps smaller than that, you need to increase their map size.
3) 960x540 is not a Windows screen size, so you'll always have either a distortion or black borders on full screen.

royva

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) use any image program to scale the pictures to your screen size. GIMP and Photoshop are the most common.
2) for a 960x540 game, minimum map size is 20x12 tiles. If you have any maps smaller than that, you need to increase their map size.
3) 960x540 is not a Windows screen size, so you'll always have either a distortion or black borders on full screen.

Thank you so much, Andar. I have found the problem lol. it's because i have another plugin that was on name Community_Basic that control the size of the screen too, and i deactive the yanflay core and viola the game run as i want. Thank you for answering my question, Andar.

royva

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And btw, how do you know what the minimum map size for certain resolution like i make? please give me the tips.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The minimum map size is the games screen size divided by the tile size (48 Pixels for MV)

Alriosa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is not currently working on MZ It seems.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not currently working on MZ It seems.
then you misunderstood what this is about, because it has nothing to do with specific makers, it is a general behaviour of 2D screen sizes in all programs.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Alriosa, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please go ahead and start your own thread, and provide more info on what you've set the window size to, what size your maps are (in tiles) and what size your images are (in pixels). The OP was having trouble with the title screen. You didn't indicate if you were having exactly the same problem, which is why we prefer people to start their own threads rather than "tacking on" to someone else's issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Empty Bottles and Health Extenders are now a thing.
Also the Sling-Shot does damage to enemies now, but not a lot and you won't get gold from killing them that way.
ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queenprotein