Dacuna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I've made a skill that has a 1000% chance of causing the Death (Knockout) state, but of course I don't want it to work on certain enemies such as bosses and special monsters.

I've tried setting the State Rate (not State Resist) of those certain enemies to 0% like I've heard other people do, but it doesn't seem to take effect and the Death skill works anyway.

I've also tried putting my skill into a new project, not altering the Knockout skill in any way, but no dice.

Here's my skill:

Death Skill.png

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Setting the state resist, for each individual enemy, makes an enemy immune to a chosen state, but if the knockout state is the resisted state then the enemy becomes immortal.

Dacuna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yup, I know that, but I was wondering how you could make enemies resistant to instant death without becoming immortal?

I researched other topics and they said to just make their State Rate for "Knockout" 0%,  but it doesn't work for me...

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm. I'll have a play around and see what I come up with. Another way you could do it is to simply event battles. So, an in-battle event would check the hp of the boss (who is immortal) and when it reaches 1\0 it instructs the battle to end. However, I don't think this is classed as a victory, so you'd have to give rewards to the player manually.

Dacuna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, I appreciate any help.

I'm afraid just the "Abort Battle" event command just doesn't cut it for me...

I gotta have that sweet Boss Collapse effect.

frzhrt834

Infamous Warrior of Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have an idea:

1. Make a skill that deals huge amount of damage (like b.mhp * 5, so you're sure it can't survive it)

2. Create an element and apply it to your attack (name doesn't really matters)

3. Give to your bosses resistance to this element.

This way, every enemy, except bosses, would be killed in one go. Also, as it deals damage, you would see that fancy boss collapse effect. Hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dacuna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, that could work.

Thanks for the tip, but I'll still keep this open for a bit in case somebody offers an alternative. :)

Manofdusk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Last edited by a moderator:

BuddyBrawler

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just made a separate state that has a chance of Knockout (TKO-Knockout 15%) then made the enemy immune to that state.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
giving them 'state resist: knockout' makes them immortal. giving them 'state rate: knockout 0%' makes them immune to insta kill but still die from 0 hp.
if a plugin or something is bugging that for you a work around could be use state rate 0%,
troop event checks for 0hp and apply state rate: knockout +200%.
no longer immune to knockout + 0hp = dead

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By default, Certain Hit actions ignore the target's state rates.

(Also, this thread is 5 years old.)

RePeat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would just set up an event that makes the character unlearn that specific attack and give it back to him in another event after the battle is over.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Relating to and acting like Sephiroth
Woke: Relating to and acting like Kefka
Took me almost a year to flesh out this concept but hey, now it works.
01.gif
Part 1 of 24 pieces of our world map
I've finished (most of) the sprites for two of my main characters, Ashlyn and Lizzabelle. And I've already drawn actual artwork of Lizzabelle and Suki months ago. I can't wait to show some of my stuff. I'm hesitant because their outfits aren't my own original design, which must be changed before I get too serious with this.
Heh, um. I've spent $1500~ so far for my game. Most of that went into purchasing some software I need, as well as some commissions. But still, I didn't realize I had spent so much since the beginning of October.

Do not trust me with money, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frizz91