How to make characters forget/replace skills upon leveling?

catchneko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I want to include a system where characters, upon leveling up to a certain level, will have one of their skills replaced by a stronger version of the skill. This is to prevent clutter on the skill selection screen with weak early-game skills that become obsolete later.

(Example: Joe levels up to Lv.35 and his Fireball skill is replaced by the stronger Super Fireball)

If it requires a plugin, which one(s)? I've already bought all of Yanfly's plugins in case it's one of those.

---

Edit: Damn, RIGHT AFTER posting this thread I managed to figure it out myself >.>

I might as well leave this up so other people can see this too: Using Yanfly's SkillCore plugin (it's one of the free ones I think), just put the "<Hide if Learned Skill: x>" notetag on the base form of the skill, with "x" being the number of the stronger skill. This will hide the skill if the stronger version is also known by that actor.

1642286067521.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And today we got some insides maps from the town i posted last time.

Map044.png
Map045.png
Map046.png
Map047.png Map048.png Map049.png Map050.png
So a big bug that was on a glue trap at home is now magically not on the glue trap. This feeling of terror I'm experiencing could be a fun thing to put in my game project (not the IGMC one).
Hoping that Unite has a character generator with black hairs/lips and other features.. it is such a pain making characters without these...
Today is my dad's birthday! And he's still going strong in his retirement days!
Ooh a plugin for exactly what I was looking for... DEAD LINK. DEAD LINKS EVERYWHERE.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alerin