Arctorius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for checking this thread!
Like the title says, Is there a way to add conditions to the status effects a character or enemy can acquire?

What I'm trying to make is, for example, you have a skill that applies "Poisoned", but if the target already has the "Poisoned" state it instead applies the "Badly Poisoned" state, and if the target has "Burned" state it instead applies the "Corroding" state.
It then removes "Poisoned" for both cases.

I think that answer is in scripting, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it.
Any advice helps and is appreciated.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this can be done as part of the damage formulas
if (b.isStateAffected(X)) b.addState(Y); formula
where X is the normal state and Y is the upgraded state
replace formula with your normal damage formula or 0 if that skill doent deal damage.

the only problem with this is that the upgraded state doesnt have an apply rate.
its either applied because the base state was there, or not applied because it wasnt poisond or just cant be effected by badly poisoned state.
it doesnt take into account any success or resist rates of the upgraded state aside from the full on state resist trait

Reactions: Bex

Arctorius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this can be done as part of the damage formulas
if (b.isStateAffected(X)) b.addState(Y); formula
where X is the normal state and Y is the upgraded state
replace formula with your normal damage formula or 0 if that skill doent deal damage.

the only problem with this is that the upgraded state doesnt have an apply rate.
its either applied because the base state was there, or not applied because it wasnt poisond or just cant be effected by badly poisoned state.
it doesnt take into account any success or resist rates of the upgraded state aside from the full on state resist trait

Yeah, I tried it and is a bit finicky. I was thinking that another option was through battle events using YEP's base troop events plug-in and scripting all the adding and removal of states. I don't know anything about scripting though, so this is more of a hunch from my part.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cp868323