Arctorius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for checking this thread!
Like the title says, Is there a way to add conditions to the status effects a character or enemy can acquire?

What I'm trying to make is, for example, you have a skill that applies "Poisoned", but if the target already has the "Poisoned" state it instead applies the "Badly Poisoned" state, and if the target has "Burned" state it instead applies the "Corroding" state.
It then removes "Poisoned" for both cases.

I think that answer is in scripting, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it.
Any advice helps and is appreciated.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this can be done as part of the damage formulas
if (b.isStateAffected(X)) b.addState(Y); formula
where X is the normal state and Y is the upgraded state
replace formula with your normal damage formula or 0 if that skill doent deal damage.

the only problem with this is that the upgraded state doesnt have an apply rate.
its either applied because the base state was there, or not applied because it wasnt poisond or just cant be effected by badly poisoned state.
it doesnt take into account any success or resist rates of the upgraded state aside from the full on state resist trait

Reactions: Bex

Arctorius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this can be done as part of the damage formulas
if (b.isStateAffected(X)) b.addState(Y); formula
where X is the normal state and Y is the upgraded state
replace formula with your normal damage formula or 0 if that skill doent deal damage.

the only problem with this is that the upgraded state doesnt have an apply rate.
its either applied because the base state was there, or not applied because it wasnt poisond or just cant be effected by badly poisoned state.
it doesnt take into account any success or resist rates of the upgraded state aside from the full on state resist trait

Yeah, I tried it and is a bit finicky. I was thinking that another option was through battle events using YEP's base troop events plug-in and scripting all the adding and removal of states. I don't know anything about scripting though, so this is more of a hunch from my part.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMOKO