GlitchRabbit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
bandicam 2019-12-22 16-00-27-927.png

Okay so here is the problem I'm having. I'm using a plugin SumRdmDudes HUD Maker. Now the reason I'm asking here is because of "Conditions." I can't figure out the commands for "Currently Selected Character"
So what I'm wanting to do is under "Condition" I want this image to only appear when that character is active. So when "Damien" is active or attacking, the picture will display. Then when it goes to "Isaak" I'd like to have his image show up and so on and so on. The only problem is the picture just shows up and never leaves during the battle. I'm sorry if this seems weird and all, just wanting to have a personal touch on the Battle Hud. Thank you.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Moved here based on your "primarily uses" being set to MV.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The screenshot you have shown is not when someone is "active" or "attacking" - it is simply the selection of actions for each character.

So can you please clarify - do you want to know which character is currently choosing the action they will later execute, or which character is actually executing an action? They are two different stages of the battle.

If you actually want what's in your screenshot, try BattleManager.actor().actorId() which will return the currently selected actor's id, which you can then compare as required. eg: BattleManager.actor().actorId() === 1 will be true if it is actor 1's turn to choose.

Last edited:

GlitchRabbit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The screenshot you have shown is not when someone is "active" or "attacking" - it is simply the selection of actions for each character.

So can you please clarify - do you want to know which character is currently choosing the action they will later execute, or which character is actually executing an action? They are two different stages of the battle.

If you actually want what's in your screenshot, try BattleManager.actor().actorId() which will return the currently selected actor's id, which you can then compare as required. eg: BattleManager.actor().actorId() === 1 will be true if it is actor 1's turn to choose.

Ooops sorry about the confusion. I want the picture to stay on when that character is currently choosing the action they will later execute. Then when the next character is up to choose, that pic will disappear and their pic will pop up. So for that particular pic, it will be for Actor 0001 Damien. Hope that made some sense, hehe.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gave you a possible solution - did you try it? Note, never put 0001 as an id. Just put 1. At least with previous versions of the engines, weird things happened when you added leading zeros, and it's not necessary, so best to just not do it.

GlitchRabbit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gave you a possible solution - did you try it? Note, never put 0001 as an id. Just put 1. At least with previous versions of the engines, weird things happened when you added leading zeros, and it's not necessary, so best to just not do it.

Thanks for your time. I've tried with: BattleManager.actor().actorId()1 and BattleManager.actor().actorId()[1]

It turned red and had an error
Again sorry for the noobness. I've used Rpgmaker several times and many versions. But only stuck to default everything for fun. This round I'm trying a few things to mix it up.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Neither of those is what I suggested. Please look carefully at my post again. In fact, copy and paste the text.

BattleManager.actor().actorId() === 1

GlitchRabbit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I forgot to say I tried pasting it. It was green and all good, and as soon as the character completed an action, it got an error, and the condition turned red and the picture wouldn't return. So then I tried those other things I posted. I do appreciate the advise :)bandicam 2019-12-22 20-48-07-336.pngbandicam 2019-12-22 20-52-25-715.png

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, try this:

Code:
BattleManager.actor() && BattleManager.actor().actorId() === 1

I am guessing that there was at least temporarily no actor selected and that's what made it error. If this altered version also fails, please hit F8 and post a screenshot of the Console tab so we can see the error message.

GlitchRabbit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, try this:

Code:
BattleManager.actor() && BattleManager.actor().actorId() === 1

I am guessing that there was at least temporarily no actor selected and that's what made it error. If this altered version also fails, please hit F8 and post a screenshot of the Console tab so we can see the error message.

You are Awesome! It worked. Thank you so much! :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perfect! SRD Hud is a nice looking plugin.

If this question is resolved, just report your first post and let the mods know, and they'll close the thread for you.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Join us and follow along live as we explore A Thief's Voyage by walldeaf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No666