How to make Elderly people with the Character Generator?

BrownBread

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Noticed I couldn't really make any older/Elderly people with the new character generator, although it is pretty awesome.  Wonder if anyone had any tips?

Strategy Dojo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was trying to figure out the same thing.

I love the character generator included but wish they had put in a option for age and size (would love to make a mini kid)

Mikuri

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
The generator is pretty limited as of right now, hopefully people with start making resources and some DLCs will help too.

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know it's not ideal, but I made a "sorta" elderly man by covering his face with a large white beard! Only works for men, though :p  

I wish there was a face option with wrinkles!

The Stranger

No Longer Active
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really hope new DLC will come out to expand the current generator parts; I'd happily buy generator store packs. I'd love to create elderly folk, too.

taxalot

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yes, we probably need some additional assets.  It will probably come in the form of a 5$ "Old People" ressource pack ;(

Klandaghi

Resident Werecat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Honeslty if I was looking to add to a regular face to make someone appear elderly, I'd probably do it with the Facial Marks layer in the Generator.  I will see what I can do about adding that to my tutorial in a bit.

wizaerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I too would like to create elderly people and we're in serious need of better beards and mustaches... The current available selections are horrid...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes, we probably need some additional assets.  It will probably come in the form of a 5$ "Old People" ressource pack ;(
That's not too bad and RPG Maker is a development tool (good thing the store manager back in the day told me this) so every piece of DLC is only there to make your experience better (which is how it's supposed to be in gaming but unfortunately it's not most of the time).  You can make a game for personal use and play it on a rainy day though.

BrownBread

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I would pay for an old people resource pack! 'Wrinkle Pack!'

DorkLord

10th Level Google Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
One of the biggest problems, is people who want to pick up on VX/VX ACE projects are going to have to do a helluva lotta work converting resources.

I was expecting that MV would include the standard resources from VX Ace. Is there any plan for beefing up the very bare bones default resources because while the character generator is nice, it cannot replicate all of the classic characters/npc's/etc.

And I don't mean more DLCs. DLC is one thing. I just want the standard character/npc sets from the previous versions.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
so much this.  need more assets for everything.  

wizaerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could create your character, then edit the exported file to add wrinkles and skin blemishes...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Raggon wrote on NoPatience's profile.
:kaohi:
Anyone know of any good guides for editing the UI in RMMV?
eris2.png
just 1 more then I'm done with these sheets *tears of joy*
Im free today . finally have some time to continue coding . yes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inst4r