How to make equipment unequipable, but wait there's more!

Column

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
In my game my characters have their own unique weapons and outfits, as opposed to them being able to equip from a variety of weapons and armors. So anyways, how do I make them start out with a weapon and one piece of armor equipped, but make it unequipable? But also, even though they don't equip "new" items, they can pay to have their weapons "upgraded", so I need a way to make an event where it swaps out on item for another (their weapons for an "upgraded" version of it) and delete the previous one, so it doesn't remain in the inventory.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have the weapon and armour "Fix Equip" their respective slots. This prevents unequipping the items.

Then when you have the upgrade event, have the game add the new weapon/armour, change equipment to the upgraded item, then remove the old item from your inventory.

Column

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Boom shackalacka. For the life of me, i couldnt remember how to make equipment unequipable. Thank you so much!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, as i finish setting up my items for part 1 of my game, I realized I forgot to finalize an ENTIRE category of items. Know which ones? The Fallen Feathers....BTW my game is called "Fallen Feather"
and_remember_tomorrow_exploding_puzzle_logo.jpg

Made some new friends, and blew up a puzzle... Happens. :LZSwink:
A new RPG Maker music pack is coming out soon! Below is a demo of one of the compositions in the pack, Heroic Battle. More details coming soon!

Trying to build a child-size body. Mostly happy with it except the sideview arms - can't get them to move quite right yet. Anyway, here's the work-in-progress, with an adult for size comparison.
ChildTest-01.gif

I started in VXAce and I liked how the kids flapped their arms so that's why it's just flapping.
A character theme... finally posted some of the music tonight as celebration for 500 followers. I really like how this song came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fado21