Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! :)  
I'm new to both this forum and forums in general and i'm not entirely sure how to word my question but, here it goes:

I'm making a game in RPG Maker VX Ace and I want one of the characters in my game to destroy breakable walls on the over world map by charging into them.
To achieve this, I have made the breakable walls on the over world map events that can only be interacted with when the player both has the character needed to brake these walls in the party and to be triggered by player touch (When the player's character walks into the event).

It works fine, but I really want to emphasize that the character is charging into the wall at a great speed to brake it. So I want to make an event that will only trigger if the player is running into the wall. But the only option I can find relating to running/ dashing in RPG Maker VX Ace is turning it ON/OFF in certain rules. Can anyone help me implement this? Is it even possible??

Just to clarify: I know next to nothing about coding or scripting. However, I do know how to implement scripts. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker VX Ace. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you can just use:

$game_player.dash?

I'm not in a position to test it right now, but try using that script call within a conditional branch.

jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker VX Ace. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Thank you and I apologize, forums and threads are all still new to me. I'll try to correct this with any future posts. 

I think you can just use:

$game_player.dash?

I'm not in a position to test it right now, but try using that script call within a conditional branch.

Thank you, i'll give it a try.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
POLk7