Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heres the link to the Plugin Im wondering how i can make it so you cant fast travel to a area you haven't been to yet oh and also im wondering how i can make it so that you have to interact with something to discover the fast travel point

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To make it so you can't fast travel to an area you haven't been to yet set the "discovered" parameter to false when creating the fast travel object.

To make it so you have to interact with something to discover the fast travel point, use the plugin command "Discover Fast Travel Point" in an event.

If you are still having problems, all of my released plugins have demos you can download which should show you how to do most of the basic functionality the plugin offers. The Fast Travel demo can be downloaded from here: https://www.caspergaming.com/plugins/cgmz/fasttravel/

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To make it so you can't fast travel to an area you haven't been to yet set the "discovered" parameter to false when creating the fast travel object.

To make it so you have to interact with something to discover the fast travel point, use the plugin command "Discover Fast Travel Point" in an event.

If you are still having problems, all of my released plugins have demos you can download which should show you how to do most of the basic functionality the plugin offers. The Fast Travel demo can be downloaded from here: https://www.caspergaming.com/plugins/cgmz/fasttravel/
Well im not completely sure how to make images of the maps for the fast travel points how can i do that

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can use any image editing software to make the images and import it into your project using the Resource Manager.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would also do what the demo does and have those images in a folder specifically for your fast travel images just for organization's sake.

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use any image editing software to make the images and import it into your project using the Resource Manager.
What size do the map images need to be for everything to fit

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What size do the map images need to be for everything to fit
Any image size will work, images smaller than the window will be centered and images larger than the window will be scaled down to fit.

A perfect fit will depend on your game resolution. By default it would be 514x376 but can vary with screen/ui parameters in your database -> System 2 tab.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulichvungtaudl3m