CluelessCat

(☞◣д◢)☞
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had this idea where you can get special attacks from gear. Basically all gear comes from different sets, and you can wear 3 different pieces of gear (hat, shirt, shoes,). Each piece of gear has a mana consuming attack that goes along with it, giving you 3 special attacks at most. If you wear all the gear from a set then you gain an extra 4th attack. Would something like this be possible?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this possible? Yes, but you'll need a plugin. I don't know if there is one that does specifically that out there, but I'm sure you can find something similar out there. You might want to check famous plugin authors, like YEP for example.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can add skills on individual pieces of gear just fine in vanilla, like so:
upload_2019-5-28_17-29-23.png
Making a set bonus for having three specific pieces would definitely need plugins, definitely. Yanfly's Equip Core, Skill Core, and Auto Passive States should be able to do it if you're willing to write a bit of Javascript in the lunatic mode tags.

CluelessCat

(☞◣д◢)☞
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q I didn't realize, thank you! Would you know how I would go about coding the sets in by any chance? I've coded in Java before but I don't remember much and I'm not very familiar with these plugins. > _ >

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
coded in Java before
Coding in java will do nothing for you when using MV. Because MV uses Javascript and not Java.
And as some people say: Java is to Javascript what ham is to hamster
They share the first letters of their name, nothing else....

You'll need a plugin to allow for sets. theoretically you could check with a parallel process, but that would cause lag to hell if you have more than one or two sets to check for.

Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is such a plugin. But it is a paid one. Maybe there are others.

CluelessCat

(☞◣д◢)☞
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar I see. What plugin would you suggest for this? If it doesn't work out then I'll just get rid of the set idea entirely.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar I see. What plugin would you suggest for this? If it doesn't work out then I'll just get rid of the set idea entirely.
I would personally suggest trying without the set idea first. Also, JavaScript isn't too hard to learn a little of, especially if you look up some tutorials and then dig around in the code for Yanfly's Tips and Tricks videos to get an idea of what you can do with each notetag.

Personally, I'd have one or more of the pieces add the skill, but use notetags from Skill Core to set it as "hidden" unless you see all the pieces of equipment you expect in the specific slots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3
Now listen closely... Here's a little lesson in trickery, This is going down in history...
So the four of my friends are singing a song and I'm like... ohoho I don't know this song. Better act like I do!
A boss that spams confuse, blind, silence, oil and slow on all party members? Good idea FF12 *headdesk*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
califert