How to make guard NPCs/Pokemon trainer encounters

Jaxer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I want to add guard NPCs that walk back and forth in the movement pattern I set to them, and you would be teleported back to the beginning of the stage if they see you(Kinda like Pokemon trainer encounters, y'know), but I have no idea how to do that! There's no 'seeing you'-option in the Trigger Condition menu, or anything else like that. I would really appreciate it if someone who knew about stuff like this would help me.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to make a parallel process comparing the position of the player with the position of the guards.

The more complex the map (sight obstacles) the more complex that event will be.

Jaxer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
you need to make a parallel process comparing the position of the player with the position of the guards.

The more complex the map (sight obstacles) the more complex that event will be.
Thanks, but how to use the parallel process? Sorry that I'm a noob, but can you post a screenshot or something?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I do that? I know nothing about scripting in RPG Maker.
The linked tutorial contains no scripts, that is simple event code there.

I suggest you follow the link to the "starting point" in my signature and take a month to work through those tutorials as everything so far was nothing but basic events, and that is something you'll need to learn forward and backward if you want to make a game with any RPG Maker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D
Leokids wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
Hi
People1_3,People1_4,SF_People1_3,SF_People1_4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitchs98