How to make it so I can battle another actor? (keep level and equipment?)

TenebrisCrow

The Kelphy Corp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible to make it so my main hero can battle another actor? I want it to be possible to duel amongst my heroes(Actors) in the game. But I also want their levels and armour to be the same depending on how much they have been levelled and what equipment they have been given.

Is this possible?

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
From what I know, yes you can...If I'm right you must make a monster form of it with the same battle sprite...

Edit: again if I'm wrong then don't think I lied...

TenebrisCrow

The Kelphy Corp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From what I know, yes you can...If I'm right you must make a monster form of it with the same battle sprite...

Edit: again if I'm wrong then don't think I lied...

I appreciate the help, I know how to do that yes. My issue is the stats of the enemy. How do I make the enemy have the same stats as the actor?

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
well, I don't know about that but you could either think of what the average player would have the actors level at or you could make the game simple where you get that pacific stuff and how much XP...but other than that I'm going to have to do some research...

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's not possible to make the enemy stats as equal as the current player's level, without extensive use of a plugin (such as doppleganger plugin sorta thing, which MZ is lacking)

TenebrisCrow

The Kelphy Corp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's not possible to make the enemy stats as equal as the current player's level, without extensive use of a plugin (such as doppleganger plugin sorta thing, which MZ is lacking)

You don't have any idea which plugin I would use do you?

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not at this moment

MLyons

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you familiar and comfortable with coding the Javascript by hand? If yes, you can follow the use case in the Game_Action class and follow on Game_Enemy and Game_Actor classes to see how the game access the array of skills... You could create a similar function to read each skill/trait and then create a new enemy with that same information... Then initiate a battle with the new enemy and your protagonist.

I've been digging through the code experimenting my way into rewriting the "to hit" logic with the goal of classic D&D/D20 THAC0 using armor classes. It's slow getting started but starts to make a lot more sense after digging through the game JS files.

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antschaz