How to make lots of dialogue feel less overbearing?

SoulBlade32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can make a simple combat system and still have a fun game. Just need to decide if you want to put the effort into it. If it's a story driven game, your story needs to be great to compensate for the lack of a "decent" battle system. There is a reason why the Final Fantasy series is highly praised. One of those reasons why is because turn based combat is fun. I don't think I have played a Final Fantasy game, ever, that had a "complex" combat system. Even the classes are typically the same classes with a small twist.

Zalzany

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can tell instead of show people always get that wrong in RPGM one of the best ones I played uses basic rtp, generic everything then once creator got lots of fans and what not paid some one to make cg to go behind his novel like bits in the game. Talking chat box took over full screen but in key parts, was well written.

Key thing is it needs to be good, get readers attention but not be too long winded, and let the player get back to the game. Otherwise you are kind of better off using a vn maker engine not rpgm lol

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinsel2