How to make lots of dialogue feel less overbearing?

SoulBlade32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can make a simple combat system and still have a fun game. Just need to decide if you want to put the effort into it. If it's a story driven game, your story needs to be great to compensate for the lack of a "decent" battle system. There is a reason why the Final Fantasy series is highly praised. One of those reasons why is because turn based combat is fun. I don't think I have played a Final Fantasy game, ever, that had a "complex" combat system. Even the classes are typically the same classes with a small twist.

Zalzany

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can tell instead of show people always get that wrong in RPGM one of the best ones I played uses basic rtp, generic everything then once creator got lots of fans and what not paid some one to make cg to go behind his novel like bits in the game. Talking chat box took over full screen but in key parts, was well written.

Key thing is it needs to be good, get readers attention but not be too long winded, and let the player get back to the game. Otherwise you are kind of better off using a vn maker engine not rpgm lol

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!
After waiting for several months to observe the results of vaccines, I finally decided to go for Comirnaty, because now my job needs me to either be vaccinated or take a regular testing every 2 weeks(240 HKD per test), and it seems to me that Comirnaty is safe enough in my case :)
So, to create multiple faces one needs to first export, then import, over and over... who came up with this weird mechanism...
Away from home now since it reduce COVID spread
I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raigonex05