Xecy

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes there is a $ at the start.

Is it possible the pixel size? or the spacing between the sprites?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It could be. Can you post an image of the sprite sheet? It would help to see if it is set up correctly.

Xecy

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello thanks again for the quick reply.

http://s2.postimg.org/j0f4t0uo9/Xecy.png

l manually edited the file using Photoshop CS6. As far as l can tell it seemed to worked out.

However now l need to continue to correct the alignment. From what l can tell is the head bobbles back and forth leaving an

irregular feeling. At first l could not tell what exactly was wrong. However after looking at each piece of the body as it moved.

l think it is the head. If you test out the sprite tell me what you think is out of place as well. Back and forth forward seems fine though

Just the side to side.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm on phone now, so I can't tell for sure but it looks like they are too far apart. If no else has, I will take a look at it in an editor when I get home. I don't know anything about Photoshop, I use Gimp, but did you set a grid when editing? Ace uses a 32 x 32 grid so it's helpful to set that up when editing.

Xecy

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
No. What l did was l took an example sprite from a link in this thread. Then l simply put horizontal lines and placed my sprite over theirs. l never actually placed any vertical lines. Which could of caused a alignment issue.

l did however adjust a couple free hand since l noticed as the character was moving it was grabbing textures from the files above. More precisely the 2nd row sprites were getting texture issues from the feet in the 1st row.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm, interesting, I'm still not sure why it did that. To be honest, the converter in this tutorial is not at all necessary. It is a simple fix to crop the one extra column off of a sprite created with the Mack generator. Anyway, I messed around and reformatted your sprite a bit. Give a try and see what you think. Be sure to put the $ sign in the front of whatever you name it. The bounciness I would guess would be due to the way the hair is designed - maybe a bit too much movement from side to side. Try this though and see what happens.

SpriteHelp3.png

Xecy

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ah thank you very much!

Just tested it. After l got off work.

Horizontal left seems to work perfect now. However the horizontal right still has the old quirk.

Almost as if shes limping. Left horizontal is not like that at all, how strange.

Thanks for the post. Just shows that the problem CAN be fixed.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So when she walks to the left it's fine, but walking right is quirky?

Xecy

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yeah pretty much. Odd isn't it?

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know if this has been said before, but if you're using photoshop be sure to turn OFF anti-aliasing or else the magic eraser will bleed through and eat part of your sprite! (Depending on the version you use I suppose)

Lobberuno

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
¡Hola!

I just want to know if you have worked with more sprites than a basic 4*4 (which is more like 4*3 because the last column is repeated from the first one). Some friends and me are making a test to add animations during the battles or cutscenes. If you did, I'd be glad if you to tell me how can be do it. Gracias :)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lobberuno, no thread hijacking please. You can start your own thread, PM the person you're talking to or look through the forums to see if this question has been asked before (which it has).

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this generator is great, but my problem is...the sprites you make are a different size and contrast then mack's actual sprites that are available on first seed, so it makes the generator virtually useless.  

I was going to use them as place holders till my spriter finished but it was just to weird to look at.

CobeSlice

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a MACK style generator for creating children or dwarf sized sprites? I really like that generator and the style of those sprites. I wouldnt want to have to use generic ace created sprites for children to make them smaller...
Just gonna quote and bump this because I was having the same thought... But I suppose I could use the Char Gen that came with Ace to create some children, it's not my ideal solution.

Also, as GrandmaDeb pointed out earlier, Mack Sprites are the chibi head affixed to an edit on the XP body... my question, then, is: Why do I sometimes have issues with alignment from the chibi headgear from Ace onto the Mack Sprite. I realize that in terms of length some editing is required, but I feel like I even have some issues with movement. For example, I edited the nun's headgear onto a Mack Sprite and find that the head seems to maintain a static position through the movement animation, which gives me (at the very least) a little bit of nausea.

As an aside: What size would I need to make the sprite sheet if I wanted to add multiple characters per sheet as Ace does with NPC's and characters?

$nun.png

Glyxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Wow, this is quite nice generator! And thank you Korros for making this guide. This is actually really simple. Especially when GIMP is quite familiar to me and worked with it quite much :) (Never tried the Photoshop actually)

Celeste-Ominous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
2 problems I'm having. 

1) The link to the converter doesn't work for me, it leads to this CSS site design website.

2) What do you mean by "After pasting the image, select the character you want to cut like this and paste it in a new layer with the size 128x192"?

Even after I paste the image, it doesn't match those proportions. :\ 

- Really confused.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1.) You don't need the converter.

2.) After you do a printscreen, you need to paste that into a program. I personally use Gimp - It's free and it's got a lot of great features. So, what I would do is open a new document in Gimp. Turn on the grid and make sure it is set to 32 x 32 (Show Grid is under View, Configure Grid is under Image).

Once your grid is on, paste your print screen. Line up the corners of the background of the sprite (blue/green for me) with the corners of the grid. Use the crop too to crop around all but the left column, using the grid as your guide. You can also turn on "Snap to Grid", under View, to aid this process. In Gimp, you will then want to export the file (not save).

Also, you do NOT have to erase the background. When importing the file into RMA, you can select that color for the transparency color.

Burandon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry for the necroposting but it looks like the download link is broken. Can you make a new link?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerebert