IkutsukiYuri

The Procrastinating Weeb
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, I've been invested in making an RPG game with Mana Khemia's battle system for a long time. But I really don't know where to start. I saw one that did an actual Tales Series' battle system... so I'm wondering if this one is possible?
I already know that you can make a bigger sprite as long as you have equal box length
But first thing first:

1. How do I put them in a horizontal line?
halp.png

2. How do I make the camera shift whenever they attack or when they are targeting?

halp2.png

Oh and I believe that they are actually zooming into the characters... right? So... how do I zoom?

3. How do I make the characters to have more frames in their animations?

I found this one Japanese site recently that offered sprites with a lot of frames but I have no idea how to apply it ;w;
Here's the link http://p3x774.web.fc2.com/
upload_2018-8-23_13-39-41.png

When you download it, it'll give you these many files!

upload_2018-8-23_13-41-46.png

Oh and here's the example of the battle system!

Thank you for whoever's reading this ;w;

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have merged your two posts into one. If you want to add something, and yours is the last post, just use the Edit button in your earlier post to include it.

SwiftSign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are plugins that can achieve 1 and 2. Not sure on 3.

For 1 I would use Yanfly Battlecore and edit the sprites y position.

For 2 you can use action sequences (Yanfly again) to zoom the camera in and move it around. Although not sure if it’s possible to zoom when picking a target. Maybe!

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Totally do-able with RPGMV. And the plugins also are available already, thanks to Ultimate RPG Maker Plugin Creator God Yanfly = )

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hate it when people instigate fights or conflicts and then use us, the security guards, as shields or as means to resolve their conflicts. Especially since we at times have to be unfair due to our duty of preserving peace.
Fortunately it doesn't happen very often.
The lucky person will get the choco.
Time to continue my game dev journey, for those who want to see how not to use RM. :LZSlol:

This is the second time in less than a week that somebody tells me something doesn't work out of the box, but when I go playtest it... it certainly does!!
I don't have experience with PixelArt, I just made it to have a cool icon for the tool I created, if anyone can give an opinion it would help me a lot:

Option A:

CrystalBall-A-32-24-16.png

Option B:
CrystalBall-B-32-24-16.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merix