How to make multiple items trigger an event? (For quests)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SpookyHollows, Apr 28, 2018.

1. SpookyHollows

SpookyHollows Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm at the halfway creation point of my game, Chapter 3. Now I'm stuck on setting up the first quest.
    I have a good majority of the event for it completed, but now I need some help with the rest.

You're supposed to catch 10 rats for one of the cats in the game, however, I don't know how to make the event trigger when you have the 10 rats.

So far I have it to where you can go up to the cat in need, and he asks if you have the rats for him.
    If you have 10 rats in your inventory I need the event to trigger so the cat takes the 10 rats from your inventory and then he rewards you.

How would I go about doing this? I know how to do conditional branches where one item is involved, but 10? I haven't had any luck yet.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Everytime you catch a rat, use an Event Command: Control Variables.
    Name a variable Rats and do this:
    Control Variables Rats Add 1

Then you need another event with a Conditional Branch that will check if Rats is > or = with 10.
    Boom!

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Or, when you talk to the cat, do a Control Variables to see how many rats are in inventory (I think this is in Game Data). Then a conditional branch to check the variable >= 10.

The other thing to consider is - can you catch rats before talking to the cat? So is it okay if you already have 10 rats before he even asks you for them? Or should you not be able to catch them until you need to catch them?

Dreadshadow likes this.
  4. SpookyHollows

SpookyHollows Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dreadshadow The rats you get are from battling the rats in the city, and are item rewards after you defeat one, so would I add the variable for that after winning the battle? I just wanna make sure. XD

And then would I do a Control Variables Rats Add 1 each time you battle a rat, or would it go add 1,2, 3 and so on?

Dreadshadow likes this.
  5. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV