How to make my game so it can be played on android and uploaded to play store

aspdmulti

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished my game and ready to test it on my android. Problem is some of the tutorial are outdated, so I need a latest tutorial on how to make this work. I am a noob at programming and don't have any idea how this work

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1) Must be made in MZ, but I'm sure your game is made on MZ. (edit: sorry, MV can also be deployed)
2) File -> Deployment -> Web/Android/iOS option.
3) Personally I'm using Website 2 APK Builder Pro (free version ,so it gives splash screen to your app, but can be purchased to remove this). You can compile everything in just z 2 minutes and it's ready to go on android.
4) Not sure how to upload on google play, but technically if you put the file on phone and install it, you can play it already.

Last edited:

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Easy way: Find some APK builder from web deployment, I think there are dozen of them.
Normal way: Build it yourself using Android Studio. There are some neatly demo out there allow you to easily replace with your game and just hit the build button. Play Store API is an another story lol.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm assuming by your profile you use MV?

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1) Must be made in MZ, but I'm sure your game is made on MZ. (edit: sorry, MV can also be deployed)
2) File -> Deployment -> Web/Android/iOS option.
3) Personally I'm using Website 2 APK Builder Pro (free version ,so it gives splash screen to your app, but can be purchased to remove this). You can compile everything in just z 2 minutes and it's ready to go on android.
4) Not sure how to upload on google play, but technically if you put the file on phone and install it, you can play it already.
can you do tutorial about it please?

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sure, if this can help you.
That must be really great, I appreciate that. Looks like there will be a lot of people who need that tutorial.

Faytless

Programmer who only gets Engineering jobs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I made a few tutorials a long time ago, which I'm sure the process has changes so far. let me write a quick guide.

1. You need to export your project as an Android/iOS
2. your project file should essentially become an HTML5 game that needs to be "wrapped" into a native android or ios package. A long time ago Intel XDK did this just fine, but that method no longer works. You can wrap this package using free compilers, but I haven't been in the scene lately so I'm not aware on whats out at the moment. You may need to research the topic " Convert HTML5 games to APK" or to your OS' of preference.

3. sign up for a developer account for your perspective store. For google play, you can do this here

When I signed up, there was a 99$ fee. I don't know if its still the same price so please research.

For iOS

I'm fairly certain they have a yearly charge of 99$. It was a hard pass for me, so I never looked into it.

One thing to note, you MUST submit a developer address and email address. This WILL expose your address to the public. I personally went to UPS and rented a box for a while. They allowed you to use their physical address if that doesn't bother you.

4. Pretty much, its self explanatory after that. Upload your package file, describe it. Wait a few days and its up! Keep not that you do have to update the android package it was compiled with to keep up on the store. I think my benchmark is still on there. (look up RPG Maker MV Benchmark on the google play store) I think it gives a warning that the package isn't update.

Hope this helps

Xaniro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found this tutorial recently since I also need to implement it in the play store and I don't know how to do it. I followed this tutorial step by step but I get many errors. Also in android studio the files are presented to me differently than as shown in that tutorial. A more updated tutorial is needed for newbies like us. If anyone can do it I would really appreciate it.

https://hackmd.io/@Mirai/RPGMakerMVMZ-Android_eng <==== tutorial

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fun challenge: Guess the name of this enemy!
Watchman.png
Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP-404