How to make NPC move when player is in a certain position

Frostblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Does anyone know how to make it so that a NPC will move and talk only when your at a certain area and if they can make it look like they are leaving an area?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is basic eventing - but there are several different possible solutions depending on what exactly you want (and you didn't describe enough of the situation for us to decide what the optimum solution would be.
It could be done by a simple player touch event (if the player needs to step on a specific tile), or it might need a more complex check for the trigger.

As a new user, I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through the tutorials listed there, especially the eventing tutorials.
That will probably take you a few weeks to learn everything, but it will speed up your later game making a lot.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

No water this time, just trying for a majestic cliffside... The cave snuck in because I liked it. Now I guess I need a mini cave map or "secret" for it. :kaoswt:
Revamped the crew for my VN about thirty times. Only character that's stayed constant has been the fungus character. Guess it really grew on me...
I want to work on my reboot, but I don't have time to do it. ;_;
4y195n.png
big image so i posted it as a spoiler
Just a reminder to back your projects up. Do it now! :yamero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HangSapa