How to make player immune to skill dead state with item?

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Having trouble getting this to work
So i made a ring item to be equipped to my player, it is to prevent death from a certain skill (deathball) without the ring when the enemy uses deathball, then it is instant ko to the player using dead state. however i still want the player to die naturally if the hp reaches 0, so adding resist dead state on the ring wont work. I tried creating a second dead state by copy and paste the dead state details and calling it dead! but after the enemy uses deathball the battle still continues and my player is dead and cannot move1637838174662.png1637838185944.png

Ouro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the look of your screenshot, Deathball is still inflicting the regular dead state, not the Dead! copy state you mentioned making.
Have the Deathball inflict a state that is functionally identical to Dead but separate and make the ring resist that specifically.

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I notice that the skill is assigned a "death ball" element. If this is the only skill with this element, then setting the ring to "Element rate Death ball * 0" will grant the desired immunity. In this case you don't need a second death state at all.

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah i changed it, i tested it, yeah the ring resists it then i tested it without equipping ring, it removes my hp and im in a dead state but the battle keeps going

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I notice that the skill is assigned a "death ball" element. If this is the only skill with this element, then setting the ring to "Element rate Death ball * 0" will grant the desired immunity. In this case you don't need a second death state at all.
resist deathball element doesnt resist the skill, it still oko me

accidnetly double posted dunno how to delete reply

Ouro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
resist deathball element doesnt resist the skill, it still oko me

accidnetly double posted dunno how to delete reply
Did you set the Element Rate to 0%? It's at 100% in that screenshot.

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, because it inflicts the Dead state.
yeah i want it to still inflict the death state normally but if i have the ring equipped then the player is immune to the skill that inflicts death state. i dont want the player to be immune to death state by reducing hp to 0 through other means, i just want the player to be immune to the skill if ring is equipped

Ouro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah i want it to still inflict the death state normally but if i have the ring equipped then the player is immune to the skill that inflicts death state. i dont want the player to be immune to death state by reducing hp to 0 through other means, i just want the player to be immune to the skill if ring is equipped
Right so make a copy of the Death state and have the Deathball inflict that. Make the ring resist the fake death state.
Alternatively, just have the deathball deal damage equal to max hp and make the ring drop deathball elemental damage to 0.
Either will work but not both at once.

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Right so make a copy of the Death state and have the Deathball inflict that. Make the ring resist the fake death state.
Alternatively, just have the deathball deal damage equal to max hp and make the ring drop deathball elemental damage to 0.
Either will work but not both at once.
copy death doesnt work i believe, maybe did it wrong but if doenst work whats the formula for max hp damage?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It should inflict whatever their current HP is at the time. If you want to inflict max HP no matter what though, it'd be b.mhp

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
it doesnt, would it be depending on the enemy atk power? for testing purposes i make my player higher level just to defeat the enemy asap

also as i figured the second dead state doesnt work if you dont have ring on as you lose all your hp and in a dead state but you dont get game over and the battle still continues

Ok, it seems the b.hp will only insta kill if i dont guard the attack. i want it to still insta kill even when you select guard

Last edited:

shukrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What works for me is for insta-death skill is to make the skill apply "dead" state. But for the item, dont use "state resist" because like you say it will make your character immortal.

Instead, use "state rate" and set it to 0%, this way it only applies to the chance of the state to hit you through skills. Your character will still die when they lose their HP.

b.mhp seems to also work mechanically, but... it kinda show damage pop-up and it look weird for me

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
was hoping that worked but the skill still insta killed me with ring equipped 1637846397625.png
What works for me is for insta-death skill is to make the skill apply "dead" state. But for the item, dont use "state resist" because like you say it will make your character immortal.

Instead, use "state rate" and set it to 0%, this way it only applies to the chance of the state to hit you through skills. Your character will still die when they lose their HP.

b.mhp seems to also work mechanically, but... it kinda show damage pop-up and it look weird for me

shukrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
was hoping that worked but the skill still insta killed me with ring equipped View attachment 207813
did you already remove the damage from the death skill, because it seems you have b.hp from your first image? Change damage to none. Also try removing everything else, and make sure the skill only apply dead state

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Darn it i thought i had it this time

Ok i equipped the ring and death ball did 0 damage, so i restarted the game again, did not equip the ring and the death ball also did 0 damage instead of insta ko

actually i forgot to add back the dead state on the skill but doesnt matter anyway as when ring equipped it kos the player

Edit
Doesnt matter anymore, i got it working with a different tactic i went with b.hp it insta kills but it doesnt if you are guarding so i added * (b.isGuard() ? 2 * b.grd : 1) to the formula and it works, when ring is equipped the skill will do no damage even when guarding, if there is no ring then the skill will insta kill even with guarding

I had to look it up particually, wonder why no one suggested it on my post, would have saved me lot of time. but thanx for at least trying people
1637847447453.png1637847429335.png
did you already remove the damage from the death skill, because it seems you have b.hp from your first image? Change damage to none. Also try removing everything else, and make sure the skill only apply dead state

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...
Had a nice visit with our family. Dad grilled some burgers and mom made baked beans and fudge. We also watched Foul Play. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn make an awesome duo. I am surprised how much of the movie I forgot LOL. How did everyone else's holidays go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themusicl