How to make proper multihit attacks (not "Repeat")?

Gannondork

CURSE YOU, link!
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
So, i want attack to hit multiple times, but i don't want animation to be used more than once. Is there any way to make attack hit more than once without repeating the animation? If Yanfi's battle system plugin is anyhow useful for this, then i can't really use it because of delay before animation actually appears (this is something i also want to know how to fix, but it's not the main question).

Last edited by a moderator:

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can change the number of hits a skill has in the hit box on the skill page. As for the delay, are you talking about charge animation? You can turn that off in the plugin you put in for it.

Gannondork

CURSE YOU, link!
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
You can change the number of hits a skill has in the hit box on the skill page. As for the delay, are you talking about charge animation? You can turn that off in the plugin you put in for it.

What hitbox and where it is? It's not damage formula, is it?

And not charge animation. It just goes like this:

*actor* attacks!

...um...

*animation*

*enemy* took X damage!

That delay shouldn't be here and i'm sure it's not because of anything loading as it does sometimes since delay is always same once stuff stops loading. Oh, and if it matters, i'm using front view instead of side view.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I wasn't at my computer at the time so i couldn't name the box correctly. It's the repeat box right above the attack animation option in the skill tab. You just pick how many times you want the skill to inflict damage and it will do that. As for your delay problem it sounds like you might have a lagging issue. What are the plugins you use and in what order.

Gannondork

CURSE YOU, link!
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Sorry I wasn't at my computer at the time so i couldn't name the box correctly. It's the repeat box right above the attack animation option in the skill tab. You just pick how many times you want the skill to inflict damage and it will do that. As for your delay problem it sounds like you might have a lagging issue. What are the plugins you use and in what order.

But it causes animation to also repeat, which is something i want to avoid when at least one animation lasts for 2 seconds and already has enough stuff happening. And delay still happens when Yanfly's battle core engine plugin is the only plugin turned on. It's same with or without others.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But it causes animation to also repeat, which is something i want to avoid when at least one animation lasts for 2 seconds and already has enough stuff happening. And delay still happens when Yanfly's battle core engine plugin is the only plugin turned on. It's same with or without others.

If you have Yanfly's Plugins animations shouldn't repeat themselves. As for the delay, If you haven't updated MV try that first. If that doesn't help try installing these plugins ABOVE all the others: 

Memory Leak Patch

Preload Manager

Web Audio Cache

If this set up doesn't fix the issue it might be your PC. Are you using any other plugins outside of yanfly?

Gannondork

CURSE YOU, link!
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
If you have Yanfly's Plugins animations shouldn't repeat themselves. As for the delay, If you haven't updated MV try that first. If that doesn't help try installing these plugins ABOVE all the others: 

Memory Leak Patch

Preload Manager

Web Audio Cache

If this set up doesn't fix the issue it might be your PC. Are you using any other plugins outside of yanfly?

It works. Huh. Then delay is all that is left to fix.

As for the delay, those plugins didn't help (just increased loading time) and i use other plugins, but removing them didn't help. And i kinda doubt it's PC since delay is always same (animation doesn't matters) and always with actors and not the enemies. But i haven't updated MV yet, so, i'll try that soon.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's important to equip your GF.
vufFBXN.gif
Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gjwldl97