How to make Random image displayed in title screen/scene?

nabilasarah13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hello. So I am wondering if I can display a picture, or like animated gif or maybe just a string of pictures played in loop randomly in a scene or title screen?

Like... I want my title screen to have an animated text under it different from text in text box and I want the text to be random everytime the player enter the game. Does anyone know how to do it?

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Iam absolutely Sorry, i overread that this is for VNM and not RPG Maker in general.
Sorry this than doesnt help. Maybe something like this exists for VNM?
There surely is some kind of Plugin for that, but i dont know about that.
But i heard about Skip Title Screen Plugin, so you can make your own Title Screen on a regular Map.
But you need to download one of the missing standard Plugins, the Skip Title Screen Plugin.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/missing-plugins-download.46479/
Now you can use Pictures and Event Buttons, or for starting just use a Choicebox.
If you choose new Game, just Teleport to the start Map.
If you want to Load a Game, use this in Eventcommand Script:
Code:
SceneManager.push(Scene_Load);
For me as non Scripter this offers me the most Freedom to make a dynamic Title Screen.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can use MogHunters Custom Title Screen plugin to achieve it. the help file is portugese, but easely
translated in your own language though.

EDIT: VNM is something not seen anywhere though :p idk if there is any existing scripts or plugins for VNM. I dont use it.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He needs for VNM not RMMV, i made the same Error =).

nabilasarah13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Aah alright, thank you for your effort tho ^-^ I'll be waiting for the others to respond

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first one seems to help building your own Title Screen.
Edit: Sadly this isnt a real Menu Tutorial, maybe someone else knows a detailed one?
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/how-to-create-a-splash-screen.89259/#post-812061
The second one seems to Help fixing a Bug with one of the Commands involved in Game Menu when building a own title Screen.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/change-built-in-message-title-link-to-a-scene.102642/#post-919251

I also never used VNM but maybe this helps.

nabilasarah13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Thank you Bex for responding to my question .-. But I still need a detailed answer apparently T^T if anyone knows how to do it please kindly leave a comment here...

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, just go to Database > Animations and there you can create a spritesheet animation. Then in your title screen scene you can use Show Animation command to show that animation.

If you want it randomly, it might a bit harder for a beginner but it is actually easy: You can use Number Variable command and for Source you can select "Random" and then you can set a From-To Range to generate a random number. Then you can check that number with a Condition command and depending on the value you display a different picture. So then whenever the user starts the game, a different picture is displayed or however you like to use it.

nabilasarah13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Thank you so much for the answer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavdiasmylove