rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently having issues with updates preventing me from even playtesting because of some JavaScript update/s, and I'd like to be able to just not deal with this anymore.

Right clicking the software in the steam client and under properties allows me to change the Automatic updates settings as represented in the image below. Except that's not "manual" since I'm still being "forced" to update the JavaScript upon opening the game or launching it.

So where is the method to make it manual?

Image source:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mv-1-5-2-ßeta.92016/
jgaOieC.jpg

scanime

Will Make RPGs For Fun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@rpgmakerxp go to the Betas tab on the application properties in Steam and under "Select the beta you would like to use" pick the version you want to have, such as 1.5.1. Your RPG Maker MV will then stay at that version.

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@rpgmakerxp go to the Betas tab on the application properties in Steam and under "Select the beta you would like to use" pick the version you want to have, such as 1.5.1. Your RPG Maker MV will then stay at that version.
Thank you. I had to delete some new file that kept autoadding itself and replace the js folder with a previous old version, but it worked. This pretty much resolved every issue I had.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I guess I should post something on my game advancements.
Hmm, tough crowd...I wish I had screenshots for my prototype idea...but alas, I do not.
How many tentacles does an octopus have?
TEN-tacles.

XD I just heard this joke the other day and love it.
Future Mike.png
was fun to draw my characters for something other than my game for once. made some new designs for them, one being based on a friend's version of my character for his comic. I'll fix this up at some point tho as I feel I wanna use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HDNua