MacheteLove

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,
I'm sorry if this question has been answered before and if it has I would appreciate being lead to the answer to my question.
I have a parallax map I've made of a floating island in space. I took it into GIMP to make the bottoms of the map more jagged and to get rid of the square grass tiles at the bottom.
I have the Starlit Sky parallax image in the background of the map on a separate layer in GIMP and wanted to know how I could add these images in my game and have the Starlit Sky parallax scroll while the map image stays static.
Again, I'm sorry if this has been answered previously. I've just become very frustrated with this whole process.
Thanks in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you don't - because there is only one option for a parallax picture in the engine. That means the scrolling picture has to be the parallax, and you can only place pictures in front of it.

Search for a plugin for overlay mapping instead of a simple fix parallax plugin - the difference between overlay mapping and parallax mapping is that overlay mapping uses several pictures for different levels on the map. With that, you can place the starlit sky into the regular parallax slot and have the map be in one of the overlay layers.

Kyoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
May I ask which plugin you are using for the parallax mapping, is any?
I use ummm... Lemme remember... Kaus Ultimate Overlay, which just takes the parallax image from a folder and pastes it to the map. So what I do is, make the background where the sky will be transparent, and once you are done with the map put it in the parallax folder, I would then name the parts that aren't overlay ground[Map ID Number] and the overlay would be named par[Map ID Number] after that, go to the map properties, write in the note box
<ground>
<par>
Then in the properties, put the sky as the parallax with scrolling, then I think it should work.
I didn't give you the best explanation, so if you want more detail in the Kaus Ultimate Overlay plugin, go look up a tutorial.

MacheteLove

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the help guys. I'll try to use the Overlay plugin and see if it works.

MacheteLove

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It worked!

Attachments

• itworked.PNG
    itworked.PNG
    528.2 KB · Views: 90

Kyoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You double posted, but congratulations:kaohi:

MacheteLove

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry. The first one didn't show. Anywho. This can be closed now if that's how this forum works. I'm extra new. o.o

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And today we got some insides maps from the town i posted last time.

Map044.png
Map045.png
Map046.png
Map047.png Map048.png Map049.png Map050.png
So a big bug that was on a glue trap at home is now magically not on the glue trap. This feeling of terror I'm experiencing could be a fun thing to put in my game project (not the IGMC one).
Hoping that Unite has a character generator with black hairs/lips and other features.. it is such a pain making characters without these...
Today is my dad's birthday! And he's still going strong in his retirement days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sxxsxx777