Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I was wondering if there is a way so that, if a weapon is a specific element, it deals additional damage based on that element rather than converting all damage under that element.

I'll try explaining myself better with an experiment: Let's say that we have a Fire Sword. This weapon when attacking deals 10 Slashing damage, plus 4 Fire damage.
In this case we attack a zombie. Zombies have 50% resistance to Slashing damage, but have a 100% weakness to Fire damage. So, when we attack it with the sword, we would deal a total of (10-5)+(4+4) = 13 damage.

Is there a plugin or known method to implement something like this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not possible by default, it requires a plugin that changes the way damage is handled.
and while I know that there are a few plugins that do this, I don't know if their way of handling damage is the same that you want.

you'll have to describe what you want in plugin request forum.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As Andar said, this will require a plugin. Every plugin I currently know of that allows for multiple elements applies them multiplicatively rather than calculating resistances separately. You might be able to do something like this with YEP plugins and lunatic mode, but other than that I'm not aware of an existing plugin that does what you're asking for.

RicardoxRyu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not trying this?
10 * b.elementRate(x) + 4 * b.elementRate(x)

One x is for slashing
Another x is for fire

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not trying this?
10 * b.elementRate(x) + 4 * b.elementRate(x)

One x is for slashing
Another x is for fire
because the total would still be multiplied by the element rate set for the entire skill

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
because the total would still be multiplied by the element rate set for the entire skill
I actually think he might be onto something. If i use that method along with Yanfly's Damage Formula, i can remove the elementRate from the standard damage formula and only use it inside the attacks.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorrupterJ