How to make skills have extra effects when the target is inflicted with a certain state

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. So right now in my game I have certain skills that have special effects when used against certain enemies. The first example is undead enemies, which I've marked as such with a passive state using Yanfly's passive states plugin. I have two skills called "Smite" and "Purge" which are supposed to instantly kill any enemies that are undead, IE inflicted with the undead passive state with the only difference being that "smite" only targets one enemy while "purge" targets all enemies. While the skills can instantly kill any undead enemies inflicted with the passive state, if used against any other type of enemy the skill will fail. The other examples are skills like "Aerial Slam," "Air Braver," and "Suplex" which are meant to do extra damage against flying enemies, once again indicated with passive state. How do I do these two things? I assume it's done in engine with java, but I don't know java or how MV works with it. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
damage formula
b.isStateAffected(X) ? formulaA : formulaB
change everything in bold.

for the smite/purge formulaA can be b.die()

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In most Cases , using the Battleformula, like tiamat showed, should do the job..

If you want to make some skills only work under some requirements, or only be shown in some cases, you could also use yeps SkillCore

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the help! It's all fixed now. Thank you so much.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is this Profile Banner thing new? Or did I just discovered it now?
Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
my first day back to working on my project and i'm pooped!! hope to get back in the rhythm soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JefftheK