KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. So right now in my game I have certain skills that have special effects when used against certain enemies. The first example is undead enemies, which I've marked as such with a passive state using Yanfly's passive states plugin. I have two skills called "Smite" and "Purge" which are supposed to instantly kill any enemies that are undead, IE inflicted with the undead passive state with the only difference being that "smite" only targets one enemy while "purge" targets all enemies. While the skills can instantly kill any undead enemies inflicted with the passive state, if used against any other type of enemy the skill will fail. The other examples are skills like "Aerial Slam," "Air Braver," and "Suplex" which are meant to do extra damage against flying enemies, once again indicated with passive state. How do I do these two things? I assume it's done in engine with java, but I don't know java or how MV works with it. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
damage formula
b.isStateAffected(X) ? formulaA : formulaB
change everything in bold.

for the smite/purge formulaA can be b.die()

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In most Cases , using the Battleformula, like tiamat showed, should do the job..

If you want to make some skills only work under some requirements, or only be shown in some cases, you could also use yeps SkillCore

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the help! It's all fixed now. Thank you so much.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today is the day! I will be productive in game dev work! I will - *gets distracted by cat playing with her toy mouse* Awww <3
Whelp. I tried to be productive.
Decided to work on Fandom Scouts today. I've decided that instead of using the generic "scrolling text" event that MV has (I'm using MV for FS, not MZ) I'll use the movie option. I'm still trying to find a way to get Premiere Pro to output the compatible format though. If anyone can give me some help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Barthdry wrote on tln143's profile.
Hello tln143 Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games
Barthdry wrote on 00cassiesmells's profile.
Hello 00casiemells Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games
Remember guys: Drink water and workout is important too! Don't stay too much time on the PC working! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cpx