How to make skills use weapon animation?

asthmatick1d

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i need to make skill that upon cast plays Bow "normal attack" animation. How do i do that?

MightyEgg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hummm im not sure if I understand

But you can create your own animations in the database on animations tab.

If your database do not have something like a arrow you need to create that images(animations) using other software like paint, I like to use paint.net.

Or search for it, but if you do that your game will become limited...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the default weapon animations are linked indirectly, which means that by default you can only make an actor use the animation of the equipped weapon. if that equipped weapon is the bow, the bow animation will be used. if the actor has a sword equipped, sword animation will be used, and so on.

If that is what you want, the assignments can be made in the system tab of the database and you need the skill set to use normal attack animation.

If you want to override that and use bow animation even if the player has sword equipped, then you'll need a plugin, can't be done by default.

asthmatick1d

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the default weapon animations are linked indirectly, which means that by default you can only make an actor use the animation of the equipped weapon. if that equipped weapon is the bow, the bow animation will be used. if the actor has a sword equipped, sword animation will be used, and so on.

If that is what you want, the assignments can be made in the system tab of the database and you need the skill set to use normal attack animation.

If you want to override that and use bow animation even if the player has sword equipped, then you'll need a plugin, can't be done by default.
I changed the animation of the skill to a “normal attack”, but in battle the actor, when casting the skill, still just waves his hands, instead of playing the animation of the bow shot. This skill is supposed to be a slight upgrade of normal attack with increased accuracy. "Skill Type" of this skill is not setted as "Magic Skill" in System Tab.
If you have trouble understanding what i mean please forgive me. It's almost impossible to find help in my native language and i have to use online translators.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please give a screenshot of the skill itself in the database and a screenhot of the plugin manager with the list of your plugins if there is one that might override the default.

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look up Yanfly Action Sequences - Plugins. They are a bunch of 3 Plugins which help you do any sort of actions - From melee attacks to ranged attacks.

asthmatick1d

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please give a screenshot of the skill itself in the database and a screenhot of the plugin manager with the list of your plugins if there is one that might override the default.

Attachments

asthmatick1d

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look up Yanfly Action Sequences - Plugins. They are a bunch of 3 Plugins which help you do any sort of actions - From melee attacks to ranged attacks.
Thank you very much, I managed to do what I wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
Currently playing final fantasy 3 on DS. It's an old one but its a classic.
BCj
Gotta love some gossip :D
Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeofblades