Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
so, I'm having some difficulties with making
the sprite sheet bigger. I would like my character to
be able to fit in the box
selection. But it is too small to fit my sprite.

I would like some help ^^

Thanks! :D

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so, I'm having some difficulties with making
the sprite sheet bigger. I would like my character to
selection. But it is too small to fit my sprite.

I would like some help ^^

Thanks! :D
You scale up the sprite sheet to whatever size you want. However, the scaling has to remain consistent. For example, the default sprite sheet is 8 by 5.333 inches, for my first game I scaled my characters to 10 by 7.25 inches. To get the best rest if you want a different size select "Do not constrain aspect ratio" on your photo-editing program of choice.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You scale up the sprite sheet to whatever size you want. However, the scaling has to remain consistent. For example, the default sprite sheet is 8 by 5.333 inches, for my first game I scaled my characters to 10 by 7.25 inches. To get the best rest if you want a different size select "Do not constrain aspect ratio" on your photo-editing program of choice.
Ita better to talk about sprites and sheets in pixels and not on normal measuring systems specially inches as they tend to be not flat numbers (5.333).

As to the main topic, did you simoly open it on an image editor and 2x it? What "box" are we talking about here?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First, get the largest frame of your sprite. For example, your biggest frame is 45x46, make it 46 x 46. Make sure it's always divisible by 2.

Now there's two ways we can go about this. A normal RM spritesheet is [12 x 8] or a [3 x 4].

So if you want to put as many sprites in one sheet, you will use [12 x 8]. To calculate the file dimension you must do it like this [46 x 12], [46 x 8]. Your file dimensions will be 552 x 368. Now create a new grid of 46 x 46. I'm using photoshop as an example:

1632837227992.png

After making your grid, put them inside the grid.
1632837307007.png

If you only want a single sheet, then just do [46 x 3], [46 x 4] and add a $ sign at the beginning of the filename. I don't usually recommend this and it's better to compress all your sprites in 1 sprite sheet when you can.

HankB

Actual size
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like my character to

Not sure what box you're referring to, but I'm assuming you don't have photoshop. If you do, then you can do this:

select image file > right-click > open with > photoshop
save > export > save for web > image size > [enter percentage] > save as png

On that last menu, probably best to have quality set to "nearest neighbor", which will preserve that pixelated look RM users are so in love with.

If you don't have photoshop, I think you can rent it for $10/month, or you could use Gimp, which is free and terrible.

YashiroNene

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ita better to talk about sprites and sheets in pixels and not on normal measuring systems specially inches as they tend to be not flat numbers (5.333).

As to the main topic, did you simoly open it on an image editor and 2x it? What "box" are we talking about here?
umm so the selection box in the character thing.
as seen in below :)

Sometime I have issues with the character selection
being too small to fit the character.

BOX.png

Not sure what box you're referring to, but I'm assuming you don't have photoshop. If you do, then you can do this:

select image file > right-click > open with > photoshop
save > export > save for web > image size > [enter percentage] > save as png

On that last menu, probably best to have quality set to "nearest neighbor", which will preserve that pixelated look RM users are so in love with.

If you don't have photoshop, I think you can rent it for $10/month, or you could use Gimp, which is free and terrible.
The ''box'' I'm talking about is this
BOX.png
I need some help to make the character box selection bigger for my character. Because
it keeps cutting the character off.

First, get the largest frame of your sprite. For example, your biggest frame is 45x46, make it 46 x 46. Make sure it's always divisible by 2.

Now there's two ways we can go about this. A normal RM spritesheet is [12 x 8] or a [3 x 4].

So if you want to put as many sprites in one sheet, you will use [12 x 8]. To calculate the file dimension you must do it like this [46 x 12], [46 x 8]. Your file dimensions will be 552 x 368. Now create a new grid of 46 x 46. I'm using photoshop as an example:

After making your grid, put them inside the grid.

If you only want a single sheet, then just do [46 x 3], [46 x 4] and add a $ sign at the beginning of the filename. I don't usually recommend this and it's better to compress all your sprites in 1 sprite sheet when you can.
I'll make sure to try it!

You need to give more details, this was unclear, but I assume that's what is in the manual:
View attachment 202601

Good luck
Thank You!
Sorry about the little details.

I'll try it out :D

Thanks Again :)

Thanks!

This will probably help a lot! :rwink:

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Oh sorry about that, I should have thought about that.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
here is a link to a tutorial I wrote about sprites and their definitions:

YashiroNene

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
here is a link to a tutorial I wrote about sprites and their definitions:
Thank You! :yhappy:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smitty