eluukkanen

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi people, I have been trying to edit rpg maker mv javascript to make that when an enemy is dead, your party won't automatically target other allied members. Like in original Final Fantasy.

I have found the right place I think in rpg_managers.js at line 2465
BattleManager.getNextSubject = function() {

But I have not yet been able to figure how to make the game pop up a text box instead on the right position. I know how to put a text box that would say: "The target is already dead". At what position I should put it, and what should I delete so actors would not choose the next target? Thank you for the help in advance.

Some might wonder why would want to do this, and that is a valid point. I would like to make so that you cannot spam space in battle when you get high level. You essentially lose actions if you are able to defeat the original target.

Again, thank you for your possible help!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know a game that it skip their turn when the enemy is dead or guard otherwise,
that is a very nice idea, but I wont go into the core plugin itself, it's safer to make an alias
to that function in a new plugin, if something goes wrong, you can edit from that :)

But im not sure how to do that either.

eluukkanen

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, some games tried the idea, but most go with auto targeting with good reasoning.

I have tried for a couple of hours with my limited javascript understanding to try to find the right spot. I will appreciate it a ton if anyone here know the answer :kaoangry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RizkyBiznizz