BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seems to work, but still attacks the enemies one by one. And I don't want that :(

Eliwan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Seems to work, but still attacks the enemies one by one. And I don't want that :(

What do you want it to do, exactly?

I think what you're asking for is a system that displays the damage popup on each enemy at the same time-- and I don't know if there's any way to do that, all of the scripts I've seen on the subject do not completely remove the delay between each unit.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Isn't it possible to have like a massive AOE attack (something like comet) that damages all targets at once?
I want all my targets to be damaged at once.
I mean, now he goes from enemy to enemy portraying the skill, it's taking an age..

Zurea

Alchemist in Training
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Isn't it possible to have like a massive AOE attack (something like comet) that damages all targets at once?
I want all my targets to be damaged at once.
I mean, now he goes from enemy to enemy portraying the skill, it's taking an age..

Yanfly has a plugin to fix that actually.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly has a plugin to fix that actually.

Could you tell me which? I have a lot of his plugins already but maybe I missed this one.

Zurea

Alchemist in Training
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll have to find it again myself, its in the Battle Plugins section (sadly also the largest section) give me a second and I'll get the link for you

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm I have that script. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong then..
It's not the battle symphony addon because I turned my sequence off ad it still acts the same way.

Zurea

Alchemist in Training
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm I have that script. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong then..
It's not the battle symphony addon because I turned my sequence off ad it still acts the same way.

I'll do some testing (haven't made a skill that hits multiple times yet) and send you a PM when I figure out what's going on, cause I haven't messed with any of the stats on Yanfly's Battle Engine, so its still on the defaults.

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

I don't think there is an option for this in Yanflys Ace Battle Engine by default. You could try to redefine one of its methods to remove the delay after each hit:

class Scene_Battle

def perform_collapse_check(target)
    return if YEA::BATTLE::MSG_ADDED_STATES
    target.perform_collapse_effect if target.can_collapse?
    #@log_window.wait
    #@log_window.wait_for_effect

end
end

This should remove the delay between all hits from all attacks though, not only your comet.

That's assuming you are using the Ace Battle Engine. I don't really know how the MV handles things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Script

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a bit of an odd question.

My combat system is very event and variable heavy. My current damage formula is:

if b.state?(12)? if a.att + a.str + v[17] >= 10 + b.agi + b.def : 0 ; v[18] - b.mdf -b.luk

Basically, I am using a target state so the player can still choose who they are hitting or targeting, while using 3 six sided dice to calculate damage and hitting. The stats of the player are largely revamped in this system. It's not operating in testing and I'm not sure why. The common event forces a skill that targets all combatants, but should only damage the one that the player attacked. Am I doing something wrong here?

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
would ((a.atk - a.tp*3)) * ((a.atk - a.param_base(2))) / b.def work for a skill to do damage based on the atk increase from the weapon?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Merging this into the thread "How to make the most of custom formulae Part I

This is a straightforward Support type question, not a discussion of principles of game making.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What I am trying to do:

If the enemy is state (x) inflicted then add DEF debuff AND inflict damage.

The first part of the formula is straightforward

b.state?(x)? b.add_debuff(3);

However, no matter how I juggle colons and semi-colons or the use of 'end', something always goes wrong.  I know that I could do this via a common event + forced action, but I really want to avoid using a CE unless I absolutely have to.

Can someone supply the syntax for ensuring that damage occurs whether state (x) is present or not?

Thanks very much.

EDIT

I've now solved this.  In case anyone else needs to know, the formula is like this - state #21 is not the default state #21

if b.state?(21); b.add_debuff(3, 5); end; a.mat * 3 - b.mdf * 1.5

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How to make a potion not to heal a mech type character?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if you use the damage formula, then you could just check if it's a mech character (if it's only one in your game then you can just check if b == $game_actors[ID of mech]) so it will be like

b == $game_actors[ID of mech] ? 0 : your heal formula

now if you use the Effects box to heal HP then you should ask this on a different thread. 

Also this thread is for Ace, your profile says ur using mainly MV so I wanna make sure if ur trying this on Ace or MV.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
if you use the damage formula, then you could just check if it's a mech character (if it's only one in your game then you can just check if b == $game_actors[ID of mech]) so it will be like

b == $game_actors[ID of mech] ? 0 : your heal formula

now if you use the Effects box to heal HP then you should ask this on a different thread. 

Also this thread is for Ace, your profile says ur using mainly MV so I wanna make sure if ur trying this on Ace or MV.

i cant seem to find something like this in MV thread so im trying my luck here.. anyways will the formula work on MV or just ace alone? do you know what formula to be used in mv? i have a mech class type.. and i have like 2-3 mech characters..

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@iamkyleramirez You could do this in the formula bar of your potion.

For the sake of this example, let us say that the actor id for the tech character is 4 and that the potion heals 100HP

b.id == 4 ? 0 : 100

Just change the actor id and the amount to suit your needs.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If for MV, it should be b.actorId() == value.

if it's a class, you can try

b.classId() I guess

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.
Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

SnJj_O.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YTEx