How to make the tile above the character only if they are on the same level.

savyy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I use 2 tile characters in my game, and I need to make a suitable furniture for them.

My problem is that this kind of furniture looks great if the character is on the same level with it (as in attachment 1), however, if the character comes from below, the upper tile (which is marked with a star passability in the tailset) will be above his head (as in attachment 2), the same with the chairs.

Is it possible to make normal large tables and chairs that will be above the character only on one side? In theory, I can make a table top and chairs out of events, however, then I will not be able to put there other events (other characters, for example).

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.

Attachments

• main1.png
    main1.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 34
  • main2.png
    main2.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 34

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not by default, you'll need a plugin to change the map behaviour.

and that is not easy in your case - there are several different star-tile-fix plugins but they usually target different uses/problems than yours. You'll have to try them all to find one who might work for you.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could make the Table as Event, on Same as Char.
Thatway its shown correctly like you asked for.
If the NPC is infront of it its under him, and its above the npc graphic if he is on the other side of it.(If needed also mark Through to makle it passable)
If it doesnt work with standard Tileset Graphic for Eventgraphic to achieve this in your case, than you could try to make the Table into a Charset Graphic,
which you than use as Eventgraphic.

savyy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not by default, you'll need a plugin to change the map behaviour.

and that is not easy in your case - there are several different star-tile-fix plugins but they usually target different uses/problems than yours. You'll have to try them all to find one who might work for you.
Thanks, that worked almost perfectly for me, especially after some polishing with Region Restrictions.

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try "Victor Engine - Tile Priority". Trust me, I know this problem. No other plugins will work, only the plugin I suggested.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I realized that I don't talk about my game's plot too much. not that I'm hiding stuff, I just don't know what I should tell people in general that would be important. I know more so what plot points NOT to tell.
Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
jaynightwolf wrote on GalacticGod's profile.
hello GALACTICGOD I loved your characters especially the super heroes, I am new to this rpg program and I would like to know if you have more characters from DC comics, be they villains or heroes
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radioactivesilverback