RMMV How to make tiles or events appear temporarily? (I'm using Chrono Engine)

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One of my bosses is a mad scientist who throws ''potions'' at you, and the liquid remains on the floor for a few seconds, right on the position the potion was thrown. If you touch the spilled chemicals, you will get damage and sometimes a poison state.
I'm not sure how to make this. As told in the title, I'm using the Chrono Engine ABS. But I don't know if I should add the spilled potions on the tool map or as a common event.
There must be variables involved, but I don't know how to implement them properly.
Any help would be apreciated.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I don't know if this really is plugin support, but I'm guessing this is triggered by something in that plugin, and you might need a spawning plugin (unless this already does it) for the splatter.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Plugin Support[/move]

I don't know if this really is plugin support, but I'm guessing this is triggered by something in that plugin, and you might need a spawning plugin (unless this already does it) for the splatter.
Splatter! That was the word I needed lol
By the way, I solved this by myself. I downloaded Galv's Event Spawn plugin and added a script call on the attack event so the splatter spawns right after the potion is thrown, however, it appears in front of the player so you don't inmediately take damage.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to try this without additional plugins:

One thing that isn't obvious with chrono engine is that tools can actually use the .act( tool id number) command and activate other tools.

So you can have a potion throw attack that invokes a splash damage attack.

Alternatively, you can have your potion's move route be something like

->Jump
->Change Image to potion splash
->wait 300 frames
->this.erase()

And set the potion to be 'piercing' damage type.

Off the top of my head the biggest potential issue with that is aiming your jumping potion (you'll need a little bit of calculation if you want to do that). You'll also need the 'tool_wait_collision : ' used in the demo bomb tool (tool 8), because you don't want it to be damaging until it actually hits the ground.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm working on a modding system of my game and I screw the game up, so hard that I have to access my backup in my hard drive ;-;
Stop shutting the damn power down! Why always like this
Working on a slightly experimental horror game. It will be finished in approximately 88888888888 years.
Y'all will enjoy it though, I put lots of effort into making it stand out.

It's called Red Light and it's inspired by another obscure RPG Maker horror game, but I don't want to give too much away just yet.
Ohh man, Weapon animations plugin feels so mandatory. Seeing that same image regardless of the icon of the weapon....ugh :p
Ok so......Maaaaybe I've taken a ''little'' bit of inspiration from FF9 when it comes to battle hud xD

ff9.PNG

Just maybe....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxify