How to make TP not regenerate when attacked in VX ace

MusicTF

Soundtrack Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I just got VX ace, and when ever an actor gets attacked their TP regenerates.  how can I stop this from happening?  Also, what does the T stand for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no check box or easily accessible option to disable TP charge. But, if you do not mind using a scriptlet, the feature can be removed. Just copy the following code, open the Script Editor (F11), scroll down the left list until you reach the bottom, select an open spot beneath '▼ Materials' and paste the code into the blank panel to the right. After that, simply press 'Ok', save your project and play.

Code:
class Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Charge TP by Damage Suffered  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def charge_tp_by_damage(*args, &block)    self.tp += 0  end  end
Also, I believe the 'T' stands for 'Tactical', but anyone could come up with a number of different names, really.

Last edited by a moderator:

MusicTF

Soundtrack Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, that worked.  

NathanW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually, I think TP stands for Technical Points, for Techniques (at least, that's the most common assumption, which makes sense). Which are just martial 'special attacks'. TP charges when damage is recieved and when damage is dealt, or by skills (if you create them), like meditation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tian