Victor Hate

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but...

What would be the best way to do a train stage?

The idea is that later on the players have to go on a train to stop something from happening so they have to go on the carts to fight different enemies.

Now how would you go about making it seem like the stage is actually moving on a track and stuff like that?

Any advise would be pretty sweet.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support ("how do I ..." questions almost ALWAYS go in the appropriate Support forum). Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you just want to get the moving/jostling effect, I suggest you add a parallel process event to each map that does a screen shake with a wait, so it's continually shaking.  If you have windows in the train (use tiles that are actually transparent) you can also add a parallax background set to scroll on X.  This will give the impression that you're moving in one direction and it's a bit of a bouncy ride.

Victor Hate

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Shaz I have tried to do the shake thing but you have to give it a timer or something to how long it will shake on screen

unless there is away to keep it going am unsure how to keep the shaking happening without the time ending and then how to make the shaking stop when the train part is over with.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is how I did it in my game:

Code:
Loop
  Shake Screen: 1, 3, @60, Wait
Repeat Above

as a parallel process.

I'm not sure now why I put a loop inside a parallel process event - maybe I found it didn't work without it, even with a Wait 60 Frames command following it.  But the above does work for me.

And to make it stop (if the train stops moving, for example), just add a second page conditioned by a switch, and turn the switch on when you're ready for the shaking to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

I'm in desperate need of environment sprites and tilesets for my game. If anyone is interested please DM me im willing to pay.
All badges and prizes for the Let's Make a Scene Heart Edition event SHOULD be out. If you participated and haven't received either or both, send me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armexploit