How To Make Weather Effects Last (somewhat) Forever?

PhoenixX92

The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, I'm sure there's threads on here about making it rain forever on a map or something, but I can't find one through the search feature.

I'm trying to make it rain somewhat forever in my project, and I cannot figure out how to make it exceed 600 frames without setting a "wait" command, but then I can't move.

How to make rain loop? I know this seems like an astronomical amount, but I need 18,000 frames(5 minutes) and shut off after that due to the project I'm working on.

Note:
This is for VX Ace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quickdraws

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try checking out some of the weather scripts then you wont even need to use a loop youll have much better control of weather effects plus way better then the default weather which is kinda ugly heres one you should check out.

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-weather-ex/

PhoenixX92

The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try checking out some of the weather scripts then you wont even need to use a loop youll have much better control of weather effects plus way better then the default weather which is kinda ugly heres one you should check out.

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-weather-ex/
Is there nothing like this for VX Ace?
I'm going right now to edit the original post to state what version.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wrong place to post - should be in the appropriate Support forum.

The Time in the Set Weather Effects command does not do what you think it does.  When you set a weather effect, it stays like that until you run another Set Weather Effect to change it.  For this reason, the command should never be used in a parallel process event that keeps repeating - it should either be in a regular event, or a parallel process event that turns itself off.

The time is simply how long it should take from when the command runs, to when the weather is at the power level you select.  If you select storm at power 9, and 300 for the time, it will take 5 seconds to go from the current weather situation to a level 9 storm.

Keep in mind if you have indoors/outdoors, you will not WANT the weather to continue 'forever'.  You need to stop it whenever you enter a building or a cave or anywhere where you shouldn't see rain or snow.

Most people usually just have a parallel process event on each map that turns the weather on or off as appropriate then erases itself.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've moved this thread to RPGMaker VX Ace. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Quickdraws

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is a version of the weather script for vx ace just go to the tabs at the top and go to downloads and VX ACE and scroll through the list of plugins its the weather one there as well. Additionally, the script directions can be translated with online translator Portuguese to English on how to use it.

Slade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A quick way I found, though from what I understand it isn't good to have too many parallel events. so a script may work better.

rain.png

and turn it off when transfering to another map with:

.rain2.png

With the weather effect needing to be removed after the player transfer, or the parallel process will just put it back on before you transfer.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
erase the parallel process event after setting the weather effects.  You only need to run it once, not 60 times a second for the entire time you're on the map.  THAT is why it's bad to have too many badly written parallel process events (or even one).

You could also just have a parallel process event on the next map that turns off the weather (and erases itself).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

C&C Remastered comes out tomorrow! Hyped! Already have it preinstalled on Steam.
Its ironic, how often a person can have something smart to say, when their arrogance is originating from an internal vacuum where emotional intelligence belongs.
Parallax mapping is time consuming...
Let's purchase th... WAIT! Just in time ehehehe.
Excited with the idea of a new maker, but I imagine I'll probably be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PICKLE_1