How to manage my character movement animations ?

Niloc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi everyone,
For my game I intend to make all custom sprites and tilesets. I am also working on larger resolution (1920x1080). I did some test to try bigger sprites and it works fine.
However I want to have a bit more of a dynamic feel to the game and thus I need :

- Idle animation for my character
- More than 3 sprites per movement
- Special animations for abilities (my character can use a sort of dash / jump ability to cross the map fast and I have a bunch of other things planned).

What tools would you use to do that ?

I tried Galv's Character Animations to give the Idle movement and then I tried to pair it with Shaz's More Character Frames, however it doesn't seem to work together as the first one use full sheets while the other one uses single character sheets ($).

Also for the animations, I'm really not sure what to use, do I just use an animation and make the character invisible ? Or can I create a specific sheet for this ?

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Galv also has a Character Frames plugin that's compatible with his Character Animations plugin. You would be using Character sheets for your animations. If you try to make the character graphic invisible and play an animation over it, you're more likely going to run into weird flickering issues unless you preload your graphic assets, which would require a separate plugin.

Niloc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Other
Galv also has a Character Frames plugin that's compatible with his Character Animations plugin. You would be using Character sheets for your animations. If you try to make the character graphic invisible and play an animation over it, you're more likely going to run into weird flickering issues unless you preload your graphic assets, which would require a separate plugin.

Awesome, I didn't knew he had a plugin for that too :D
Thanks!

Then do you have an other idea for animation ? Maybe use a different character page ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TMW the air quality is so bad, your hair changes color every time you wash it. :LZYyuck:
Finished two animations today. :kaojoy:
Sigony wrote on Ksi's profile.
Just wanna say that I love your videos.
When are you fighting Floyd Mayweather?
A game is a lot like pasta.
Pasta is technically edible after a few minutes of boiling, if a bit chewy, not very nice.
If you cook it with patience, perhaps with some oil, at a rolling boil in salted water, drain it and add a nice sauce with some roasted vegetables, and present it on a beautiful plate, with beautiful cutlery on a beautiful table in a beautiful restaurant with beautiful sounds and scents; VERY NICE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartanbuddy