The Kelphy Corp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[dpost]@Kelphy [/dpost]
If you need to quote more than one post, you can hit the quote button on multiple posts and insert them at the same time.

Also, are you using Yanfly's plugin or not? I can't quite tell if you are or just tried it as a possible solution. If this is about getting that plugin to work, it needs to be moved to Plugin Support. Thanks.

It's not plugin report at all, that was a suggestion that someone else gave me. I was responding to that. I was quoting my previous message because they must have missed it was all. Sorry about that.

What's the error message?

Also, is there a troop event for Orcish Lady, a skill you're using, or a plugin that makes use of variable 2?

I got your idea to work! Thanks! I think there was something messy in my events making it not work. But when I did it on a separate event it worked perfectly. So I think I will just try with that.

Edit: Oh and thank you!!!!

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
$gameParty._battleMembers[1]=0;
$gameParty._battleMembers[2]=0;
$gameParty._battleMembers[3]=0;

I assume that's to remove party members 1-3? But when I put it as a script call in game, it doesn't remove them? I really appreciate you helping me, sorry I struggle with this kind of stuff.
It doesn't remove them from your party. You don't need to remove anyone from your party actually !
But it should remove them from the "battle party".

Works for me but I just realised the $gameParty._battleMembers data actually cames from one of the plugins I'm using (probably Yanfly's). Sorry if it doesn't work for you :s

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kelphy Okay, that's why I was asking. (Haven't had my coffee yet.)

Is this solved then?

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because maybe he can only specify 8 of his 20 or more actors in there.
But he should use this to have the id of the first 4 Actors in Party, and than 20 branches if the other actors are in current party or not, than 20 switches to specify if those actors are in the party, that after removing them, we can know which to readd back to Party.

I read in this Thread about changing Battle Party size with Eventcommand Script, i would try that first in your case.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it actually doesn't. Basically what happens is after you change it back to PartyMax 4, it only has 1 of the heroes that were previously following you. It's like it doesn't remember all 3 of them. It was a good idea, but doesn't work.
Actually, i just tryed it and it works. You get your followers back when you switch back to 4. Not sure why it's not working for you.

VeryXInh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Actually, i just tryed it and it works. You get your followers back when you switch back to 4. Not sure why it's not working for you.
Because she removed them manually already perhaps

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm actually curious about this as well, because I have a Battle Tutorial that eventually I will need to remove the characters of the whole party and replace them with Actors so as to not have them leveled up. Then I'll have to replace the party members back.

IceDragon

Elder Cookie Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So your question is, how can you remember all the party members at a particular time and then restore them after the battle.

Seeing as javascript doesn't have private members, you can actually just store the `$gameParty.actors` (which are cleanly serializable since it's just their ids)

So the first thing you need is:
Code:
// In a script command
const partyMemoryID = 2; // or whatever you feel like
const originalActorIDs = $gameParty._actors;
$gameVariables.setValue(partyMemoryID, originalActorIDs /* This is a list of actor ids, safely serializable */);
$gameParty._actors = []; // Erase the actors, equivalent to clearing the party
$gameParty._actors[0] = originalActorIDs[0]; // Restore the leader of the party

/* Run the battle scene */

/* Afterwards, to restore the original party in another script command */
const partyMemoryID = 2;
$gameParty._actors = $gameVariables.value(partyMemoryID);

Please note, I do not have a copy of RPG Maker MV, I just eyeballed the code from the demo (years old)

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alternatively, if you're using Yanfly's party plugin, you can do as @VeryXInh said :
before the battle use the plugin command : ChangePartyMax 1
after the battle use the plugin command : ChangePartyMax 4
That will do it too.
Here's an exemple : ex_battle_rest.png
You really don't need anything else for your main character to fight alone (no need to save the party, no need to remove anyone).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antodi