Tutorial-Blog How to (mis)Use World Map Tiles for Anything Other than World Maps

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
That's a lot of cool ways I've never really thought about. Especially the kid toys, such a cute idea. :D
I actually used the worldmap water autotile for my beach map here.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you :3
I started totally ignoring the World Map tiles when I had Ace, cause I never intended having one. When much later I started "upscaling" MV buildings I realized hoch much I have never really seen because I just did not look into these sheets, and now I embraced them ;D
That was the main reason, cause I though, if I missed that for so long, others might as well^^

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I really love the idea of using the world tiles as children's toys or museum exhibits. That's a very cute creative idea. :)

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
wow, some of those ideas are brilliant! another great tutorial, thanks!

request: I get overwhelmed with all the tile possibilities like taking the worldmap tiles, my own edits, etc., when getting up a tileset. I would love a tutorial on how you go about the process of creating a custom set of tilesheets for a particular area.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mekiboss