How to not reset an invisible event (E1) that routes event(E2), whenever E2 changes its page?

wienz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright so I have an Event1 that has a script set movement route for Event2, but whenever Event2 changes it's page, Event1 resets.

Is there a possible way to not make Event1 reset, so that Event2 can continue on its path smoothly?

Thank You

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Event 2 changing its page should not make event 1 reset. If it does, you've got something very weird happening and should probably show us screenshots of both events (all pages, and the full event window).

However, changing event pages resets their move routes. Not a lot you can do about that, unless you get a plugin. I'm not aware of any plugins that do this.

wienz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Event 2 changing its page should not make event 1 reset. If it does, you've got something very weird happening and should probably show us screenshots of both events (all pages, and the full event window).

However, changing event pages resets their move routes. Not a lot you can do about that, unless you get a plugin. I'm not aware of any plugins that do this.

So, it's correct behaviour that the movement route of event 2 resets when it changes pages even if the route is being controlled by event 1?

Edit: the reason I want this is because I use a plugin called qsight that gives a enemy sight if a condition is met, but when it's run in parallel the sight of the enemy is always turned on as long as it was turned on once

Last edited:

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. An event is actually treated as an "active page" event. Everything's about it refreshed when the page is changing.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We can't see what you're doing unless you show us. Please give screenshots of the events.

Reactions: Bex

wienz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, because the movement route belongs to the event page.

Why do you need another event controlling the movement? Why not just put it into the Autonomous Move Route of the event?

It's not going to solve your problem, because an event page changing does cause the movement route to reset. But I don't see any reason why you need a second event controlling its movement.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If another Event gives the Moveroute, than the Event will continue to walk around on the Map , even if its far outside of the visible screen, that can have benefits and is very useful.

Everytime you change Eventpage, not only new graphic, but also moveroute of that page will overwrite old moveroute.
Than your paralell Event finished waiting for the moveroute eventcommand to end, and than the event repeats and Event1 gives the moveroute again.
Carrying over a Moveroute from one Eventpage to the Next is not possible.

So i would recomment telling us what it is you want to build and how it would look like in game, than we maybe can help you or point towards solutions.

Last edited:

Sednaiur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To my knowledge, this problem should be fixable by using YanFlys CoreEngine-plugin.
At least, this is what it says about the afromentioned move route-problem:
Yanfly's CoreEngine Plugin help said:
Event Movement Queue

If an event were to move through an event command, changing a condition

that would set the event to change to a different page would cause that

event's move route to halt in its tracks. The plugin fixes this issue and

the event's move route will finish.
Link for the plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/09/yep-1-core-engine/

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.
So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shininblade