NoXqZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello there.

I am kind of new to RPG maker and have a question regarding a time event and NPCs.

I made variables to count minutes hours and days. (Every 10 seconds = 10 minutes and so on). Now I am trying to set an NPC to go inside her home aka. bedtime.

"Branch > 20(hour)" and "branch < 7(hour)" = NPC self switch to disable from outside map.
However since the NPC is running on the Action Key it will only disappear in said time once triggered by the action key.

Does anyone know a way to automate the timer part and keep the NPC working as usual?

I also tried to create another variable named NPC_active, set the timecheck in there and linked it to the NPC. Could have done this wrong because it didn't work.

Tomorrow I could provide screenshot if needed.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance!

Yokiko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I have to admit, I'm not 100% sure I understood correctly. So at least for me, screenshots or even a demo would be very helpful. :kaoswt:

Without getting a clear grasp on your problem, these would be my first guesses on how to solve this:

1. In case you only need to check one variable (I don't know how you set up your variables), the easiest and safest way would be creating a new event page on your NPC and use the variable as condition.

2. In case you absolutely need to check several variables, you could use a common event. Set it as a parallel process and make it check the variables. If both variables reached the value you want, you could turn on a switch. If not, make it turn off the switch. Use this specific switch as condition for your NPC to go to bed.
If you choose to do it like that, I would strongly suggest to put a wait command in there as well, since constantly checking would take up more computer's resources than needed.

NoXqZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Other
Thanks for the reply.

I actually figured it out and was overthinking it before I posted this.

All I had to do was set a variable to be active inbetween 7:00-20:00 and trigger the NPCs on this.

My next task is to set a timer that counts from a certain time point till end ( pregnancy )
Note: it is an SFW game so no adult graphics or texts ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kotare