TheeWARIO

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm a stickler for organized files and I noticed when creating Maps you can have 1-28 ">.> cough" or more maps made down at the bottom right corner of the creation screen...
But they can easily get unorganized.

The only way I know how to organize them is to copy and paste...but that can get very tricky since you can have 4 maps in 1 or even 11 in another. If not copy & pasted in the right order you can mess up the hole thing.

With all that said is there an easy way to organize/move the maps without having to copy and paste???

PS: to better understand what I'm talking about I attached a picture.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 8

TheeWARIO

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can drag and drop them :D
yes but then it would merge into another map that is close by.
Same thing happens if you copy & paste.
For example say you have maps 1-5, you want 5 after 3 but before 4 well if you try to drag and drop it between map 3 and 4 it will Merge with one of them.
So think if you have 100 maps (not that hard to do -_-) and you are looking for 1 but it's merged with another map somewhere in that 100...you will have to open up every one of them to find that 1.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you drag a parent map, all the maps under it move. Yes, if you move it to the bottom of the list, it makes a child map under the the last map. But, if you drag up to the first entry which is the name of your game, it drops it at the bottom. So you just need to determine what you want them in and drag them to the game name in that order. In your example, if you have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, just drag 4 to the game name line and it will be after 5.

It's not the most efficient method, I'll give you that, but it should work.

TheeWARIO

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you drag a parent map, all the maps under it move. Yes, if you move it to the bottom of the list, it makes a child map under the the last map. But, if you drag up to the first entry which is the name of your game, it drops it at the bottom. So you just need to determine what you want them in and drag them to the game name in that order. In your example, if you have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, just drag 4 to the game name line and it will be after 5.

It's not the most efficient method, I'll give you that, but it should work.
yes that's why I was wondering if there is an easyer way because one wrong drop and its back to square 1.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's the only way to reorganize them once they're created - drag them onto the map you want them to be a child of, or if you want it at the highest level, drag onto the game title. This means if you want to reorganize ALL of them, then you have to drag them ALL onto the game title in the same order you want them to appear.

If you have a map-submap hierarchy, I find it useful to create an empty map for each "area" at the highest level, then under that one map for each town and one map for each dungeon or forest, then sub-maps under each of those as needed. Then at least you don't have to reorganize them all in the middle of development - you just put them where they need to go, and at most you only have to reorganize small sections.

hyperjelly

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My friend Gimmer has a good tool for re-ordering maps. It involves loading in your MapsInfo.json file into a local webpage, re-organizing them, then downloading a new version of that file.

Make sure when replacing the original file RPG Maker MV is closed, and that the original is backed up.

https://gimmer.itch.io/mapsorder

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha
My birthday was yesterday and tomorrow marks the day my grandpa died around 5-6 years ago. I think about him a lot, and surprisingly had grown to become interested in programming- something he'd done for a living among other things. Funny how life works. I'm just glad I was able to enjoy yesterday with my immediate family. Anyway- guess who's 9 + 10?
Sometimes I don't understand my life LOL :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZachSkeling