Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello.

I would like to pause the game wither Enter key by freezing the game, music, animation, etc. Even for autorun events.

How can I do?

Thanks guys!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Enter key is the Action Button key (works the same as Space).  I don't know if there even IS a pause key.

So you would need a script to re-map the keys.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello.

I would like to pause the game wither Enter key by freezing the game, music, animation, etc. Even for autorun events.

How can I do?

Thanks guys!

You would need a plugin for that.

Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Impossible to find this plugin unfortunately. Do you know if I can find? :/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then such a plugin might not exist yet. In that case you have to either write a plugin yourself or request it.

(The answers above only said that you need to use a plugin for those changes as there is no other way to make that happen, they didn't say that the needed plugin already exists)

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Impossible to find this plugin unfortunately. Do you know if I can find? :/

http://yanfly.moe/2016/03/06/yep-80-keyboard-config/

Tho all that does is just rebind keys to your liking. You will need to make a request if you want to change the default keybinds to your liking.

However I highly recommend that plugin so people can change the keybinds to something they are more comfortable with.

Here's the requests board:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/136-js-plugin-requests/

Good luck!

If you need help with anything do not hesitate to ask on these forums or you can just send me a PM.

EDIT:

Damn it @Andar, you Ninja'd me! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your help.
With this plugin, I can choose enter key... perfect. But I can't freeze (audio, animations) in my game. :/ I need a plugin for that, or I can do with common event?

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for your help.
With this plugin, I can choose enter key... perfect. But I can't freeze (audio, animations) in my game. :/ I need a plugin for that, or I can do with common event?

You will need a plugin for that.

Ugouka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It might not be perfect, but if you nab Yanfly's Buttons Call Common events plugin, Make hitting Enter toggle a common event called "Pause" on/off using a conditional branch, then make another common event like the picture below. Should stop everything and restart it all when you hit enter again. Not able to properly test this right now, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. (The show picture line is only if you want a picture for your pause, to give the player an indication that they paused successfully.)  Err..forgot to add StopPlayerMovement and AllowPlayerMovement in there. Put those in the correct chunks, as well.

Pausescreen.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your help! Plugin works, but impossible to freeze the game during an automatic event, or parallel event.
There is a solution for this?

Ugouka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, if you're using that common event I put up, just make sure you call on that common event at the beginning of all the auto/parallel events, re-enabling sounds as appropriate for your event.

Latest Profile Posts

Tarzanthecat wrote on hiddenone's profile.
THANK YOU SO MUCH HIDDENONE ADSKFSJDFSKDF
Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington