How to pick up items by using choice menu?

EeshaaDreadd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm quite new to RPGMaker XP. I just got it today, so I need some help with it. 

How do you pick up items by using choice menu? Like if you ask 'Pick up key?' and you hit 'Yes' then you get a key? Or a weapon? For the life of me, I can't figure it out. Everything i try doesn't seem to work. 

If you do answer, and if you don't mind, please explain in the least complicated way? Again. I'm new to ALL of it. 

It would be most appreciated to have this answered as quickly as it can be. 
Thank you!!!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There should be an event command for adding item to inventory... not sure which though, been ages since I used XP

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be something like this:

Show Text: Pic up key?Show Choices: Yes, No[WHEN Yes] Change Items: Key +1 Control Self Switches: A = ON[WHEN No]and add a second page conditioned by self switch A that has no sprite or commands. This makes it so you can't pick up the same thing over and over.If you try and it doesn't work, take a screenshot of your event (include the WHOLE event window, not just the commands) and post it here so we can help pinpoint where you're going wrong.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.
I'm a bit perturbed that my two week project in a different engine is already shaping up to be far better than anything I've done in this one. It really calls into question my future plans. :kaoswt:

I guess I'll release whatever patches I made for Poppet Quest, then abandon it for my new project. I mean unless it somehow wins (I doubt it but hey sure). I'm not sure about And Remember Tomorrow.
It's really not fun burning 4 hours looking at code and trying certain things and getting no where.
:kaoswt2: Steam seems down again... oh nevermind, it's up now
After so long, my random sprites set is complete! I wonder who could guess them all? :kaothx:
2COlHup.png

And yes, I'm doing more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neky