How to place the cursor in a specific item of a list?

Magusalfador

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi all!

Im making my custom menus and I go back and forth between them and its kind of a bummer to have to go all the way back to the item I was positioned last. Example.

My MAIN MENU is: skills, options, achievements, save.

So my cursor starts at SKILLS when I go to the MAIN MENU and lets say I want to save my game, so I go to SAVE and once im in there I save my game, after saving, it automatically calls the MAIN MENU back and the cursor is back at skills, the question here is, HOW do I make my cursor appear at SAVE (since it was the last item selected from the MAIN MENU).

Thanks.

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinates 24/7
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you code the entire thing or is it an evented system? Regardless of which one it is, you should provide screenshots of how the system is set so people can help.

Magusalfador

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi!

I didnt code it, I use an evented system. I attached some pictures.

Pic1 = I open my menu and my cursor starts at the first item, Inventory.
Pic2 = I go to the option Save -Load.
Pic3 = I save the game.
Pic4 = Automatically takes me back to main menu, where the cursor its positioned on the first item of the list Inventory, An I would want to be positioned in the last Item I picked, in this case, Save - Load.

Attachments

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinates 24/7
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's pretty hard to provide suggestions without knowing the structure of your event but I'll just say what I'd do if I was in this situation. Instead of resetting the cursor(selected item), you can save the last item index or something temporarily to a variable so that after the scene change, it returns to highlighting that command.

Magusalfador

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Makes sense, but the question here is, how do I save the item index on a variable. Im looking at rpg_scenes and I cant find out which is the code that tells the cursor to be placed on the first item of the menu list. (index 0 of the list)

Im looking on the wrong .js?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
as00