UglyMonkeyb02

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPGMaker MV has a feature to "play movies" however, I can't get it to work,
I have put 3 of the same Animated image into the Movies Folder, one is a GIF, one is a Webm, and the last is a MP4
When I go to make an event and " play movie" not a single one shows up

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MV only supports webm and Mp4 (has to be H.264 encoded from my understanding). GIF are not supported by default. Check your mp4 codec. As for your .webm video, double check the format as this should work.

Also, check the files' name. Networking rules doesn't allow for spaces in filenames. So if you have a video called "Movie of Dogs.webm", you have to change the name to something like this: "Movie_of_Dogs.webm"

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what @MushroomCake28 says, as a tiny adjustment, MP4 isn't required if you do not go mobile,
if you go mobile, you need both webm and mp4, same is true for SE, ME, music's.

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
MV only supports webm and Mp4 (has to be H.264 encoded from my understanding). GIF are not supported by default. Check your mp4 codec. As for your .webm video, double check the format as this should work.

Also, check the files' name. Networking rules doesn't allow for spaces in filenames. So if you have a video called "Movie of Dogs.webm", you have to change the name to something like this: "Movie_of_Dogs.webm"
thank you ! you can also solve it by playing the movie through moviebox pro download app, very respectfully

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet88net