How to portray mastermind villains in RPG games?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
https://www.businessinsider.com/professions-with-the-most-psychopaths-2018-5
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/23/washington-dc-the-psychopath-capital-of-america-218892
https://mic.com/articles/44423/10-professions-that-attract-the-most-sociopaths#.Myv8S0pt3
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/sociopath-psychopath-difference#1

Hello everyone. I think the ultimate antagonist or the masterminds are to portray for me. Of course, I can just portray a mastermind villain against want to conquer or destroy the world cutscenes. In the real world, evil masterminds do not operate like that because they have somewhere in a spectrum of sociopath or psychopath. They have little or no conscience. "In real life, some people with an antisocial personality disorder can be violent, but most are not. Instead, they use manipulation and reckless behavior to get what they want."

'Cold-Hearted Psychopath, Hot-Headed Sociopath'
"Psychopaths are more “cold-hearted” and calculating. They carefully plot their moves and use aggression in a planned-out way to get what they want." Yes, ordinary people would sometimes do bad things. However, Psychopaths will millions of people without any remorse, sometimes make them feel happy. That is why Psychopaths have more chance to win a game of power. That is why I plane to make mastermind has psychopath personality. How to portray in a game can be very hard in (Lying pathologically, Superficial charm and glibness, Conning others; being manipulative, Lack of remorse or guilt, or Blaming others and refusing to accept responsibility)? I can tell players, but that would unprofessional of me. Sorry to bother you all.:kaopride:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"In real life, some people with an antisocial personality disorder can be violent, but most are not. Instead, they use manipulation and reckless behavior to get what they want."

How to portray in a game can be very hard in (Lying pathologically, Superficial charm and glibness, Conning others; being manipulative, Lack of remorse or guilt, or Blaming others and refusing to accept responsibility)? I can tell players, but that would unprofessional of me. Sorry to bother you all.:kaopride:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have to admit, I've always wondered why some villains wanted to destroy the world. Maybe they just had bad allergies and that was the only way they could be allergy free?

In all seriousness, I attempted to address this some by making my villain having a motive to unite the world...by force. Regardless of what everyone else thinks of it. Some cheer him on, thinking it is a good cause, and others, which include you feel he should be stopped.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have to admit, I've always wondered why some villains wanted to destroy the world. Maybe they just had bad allergies and that was the only way they could be allergy free?
In simple term, the villain just disagrees with how the world works. The disagreement comes from many sources. It could be how bad is humanity. And if you looked at some perspectives, personally, I find the "destroying" the world and its motivation is a valid action to judge their ambition.

Being too overpowered and bored can also be the reason too. I once felt overpowered in a game, hit the level cap, and I was bored. So I attacked civilians out of the lul. So I sort of know how it feels to become a villain.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like others said, it's more about the why than the how. If he has a good motive for what he wants to achieve, than it's a good start. I often go for the cliché of revenge due to past events imputable to society (so he wants to destroy the Empire/country/world to get revenge).

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheoAllen, thank you for a comic and a video. If you read about a dictator or a mass murder, they are very charming and charismatic in front of you. Ordinary people would think they are a saint or a hero without deep knowledge. The end goals for them ruin the lives of people who criticize them, enslave others, demand constant compliment and stay alive. The minor villains wouldn't be complex web waving like that. Real Machiavellians do not prefer murder because it would other enemies. If the murder occurs; then the dictator has to purge the whole family. Real Machiavellians prefer laws and psychological warfare to destroy the will of enemies.

@bgillisp, yes, many villains just outright conquering the land and do not care about the enslavement of populations. (Many claims to want to unite the world, but their actions do not indicate that. (Propaganda))

@MushroomCake28, ordinary people would go for revenge for justice, but these characters are crazy power hungry. The end goals for them ruin the lives of people who criticize them, enslave others, demand constant compliment and stay alive.

Blaming others and refusing to accept responsibility---when the villain mastermind get caught, they blame an unfair society or following a blind order or this popular one (I make mistake sorry, but not sorry or I am a victim too).

Why we as a society cannot detect evil if it is easy to detect?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.
The project I am working on is going great at the moment. I'm hoping everyone is having as successful a time as I am. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusCryo