How to publish my own DLC for RPG Maker?

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, I have NO IDEA where to publish this thread, so I'll stick it here.

Anyways, I made some icons with pixel art (specifically, 100). I want to publish them to be available as DLC for RPG Maker. I want the DLC to cost money.

However, I don't have any idea how to publish my work either as Steam DLC or RPGMakerWeb DLC. Can someone who knows how please tell me the process?

Thanks.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nightblade50, please hang on. I think you probably need to the moderators to help you contract Degica in order to be add in this store. Sorry, it is beyond my ability.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks @Andar . However, I saw this text:

- If we feel that your work has potential and we need your resource type, we will contact you with a list of current themes.

Our aim is to increase the resource bank by adding complementary resources. You will still have a degree of creative freedom, but we will expect your contribution to fit within a given theme. You are welcome to use your personal style and tools. We are also happy to provide you with advice about the current customer trends and demands.
That was a little confusing to me. It seems like I cannot sell resources I've already made, but rather that I have to make fully new ones based on a theme given to me?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That was a little confusing to me. It seems like I cannot sell resources I've already made, but rather that I have to make fully new ones based on a theme given to me?
yes and no - if you have something that is needed then Degica will sell it in their shop. If you dont have something that is needed but they like your work, then they will tell you what other things you might do to sell.

Degica isn't the type of internet shop where everyone can send their work and try to sell (try being the operative word here).
They will filter based on what the community needs, and that means they are not interested in the 253rd version of tree tiles (to exaggerate a bit).
That filter means that if you get through your sales will be higher than those random shop sales on mass-internet-shops, but it also means that you have to pass their decision on what to sell.

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Degica route sounds like it's for someone trying to add to official resources. Is it legal to just sell art assets, even if they are made with RPGM in mind, without Degica being involved?

If you can, you can always put them on a website like itch. People sell all sorts of assets and artwork on there already.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is fine if you want to sell them somewhere else. But you wouldn't be able to advertise here, because you'd be competing with the official store, on the official forum.

I definitely think it's worth submitting to the store. I'm pretty sure, if they accept you, you can still sell it elsewhere - it's not an exclusive contract. But if you CAN get it on the store, Degica will advertise it here and on steam for you, and maybe some other places as well, and unless you're already established, that could probably get you a decent number of sales.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We'll be doing another giveaway of MZ on the stream tomorrow! Thank you SykoGaming for contributing a copy for the community! :D
Sorry guys! Been away for long this time. Got attacked by my anxieties again. At least no more bedbugs. Got logged out of here and layout seems strange now a bit.
My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memakegamemekillminority