How to put bust in front of the name window?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Demonbane, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Demonbane

Demonbane a very cool bear Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there any way to make the bust priority higher than the name box from Yanfly's message core? Because no matter how I change the priority, the name box will always be in front of the bust. I am using Galv's message bust btw.

[​IMG]

2. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You'd probably need to change the code to add the images to a higher layer than the message layer.

3. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Why not move the name box to the other side? I believe the command to move it to the right is \nr[x]. You can even change the parameters of the default name box position within the plugin.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    one side question:
    Is that picture a placeholder for a bust to be added later?
    Because that is only what is called a face picture around here, bust pictures are usually 2-3 times larger, and that is the reason why the name window doesn't fit by default. It would fit if used together with larger pictures.

That said there are several options how to solve your problem if you're willing to skip the name function from yanfly's plugin. For example you could make the name window part of the bust picture and not use the plugin variant at all.
    However in that case the name would be fixed on the picture, you couldn't use the same picture with different contents of the name window.

5. Demonbane

Demonbane a very cool bear Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I thought of that at first but I still kinda want to put the bust beside the name.

Thanks for all of your replies, I decided to not use yanfly's name window and just put the names on the text box. I thought that a bust with no obstructions would be the best.